The holiday season can be a chaotic and stressful time for everyone. It’s important to stay organized during this time of year to not get overwhelmed or burnt out, but sometimes it’s difficult to figure out where to begin to even maintain simple organization. Atlanta Real Estate Forum is here to help! Below is a compiled list of tips and tricks to stay organized throughout the rest of the holiday season.
- Create Lists: Making lists seems like such a simple task, but sometimes it can be something that is easily forgotten. Ever made a list and then somehow the list was lost? Yes, we have all been there. That’s why we recommend creating the list on your phone’s “notes” app. Most, if not all, phones come with this app previously installed, so take advantage of it and use it. Some even offer the feature of creating a check-off list, which helps you remember which tasks or items you have completed. Lists can be made for anything, from groceries to gifts to buy or just remembering what to do next. This is the simplest way to maintain organization throughout this time of year.
- Get Ready for Overnight Guests: The holidays sometimes bring in warranted guests to enjoy the season with. It’s good to get their space ready before they arrive. This might entail washing the sheets, vacuuming the carpet, fluffing the pillows, you name it! Planning ahead of time for guests might include purchasing a new set of sheets, toiletries that can be forgotten or getting snacks you know they may like. If you don’t have a designated guest room, then providing a comfy space for your guest might include a sofa bed or a blow-up mattress, which can be found anywhere.
- Set Deadlines: Creating and setting deadlines is a great way to help you get stuff done and crossed off the list. Determine what needs to be completed first and decide when a good time is to complete these tasks. Making sure you send holiday cards out in time might be a deadline that happens earlier in the holidays, because you never know how the mailing system might be working this time of year. Creating deadlines would also be helpful if you do work a full-time job, as it helps you plan accordingly on when you are able to complete these tasks.
- Packing Things Up: Organizing can include many different things. If you need help organizing your holiday decorations or anything else, then here is the tip. Get some sturdy plastic bins and figure out what can fit in them. Make sure to keep different holiday decor items separate, i.e., “Halloween”, “Hanukkah”, “Christmas” or any other holiday or decor items you have. This will make it easy to store these items and to keep them organized throughout the year. During this time of cleaning up, go through all your items and do a quick cleanout. What didn’t fit your style anymore, what didn’t make it on display or what’s broken/old? Cleaning as you organize might make it easier to keep it organized in the long run.
- Focus On One Task at a Time: This might be the most important tip of them all. Focusing on one thing at a time will keep you from getting overwhelmed. Finish one thing at a time and slowly check things off your list. Completing one task at a time will keep you more organized than you think it will. This will give you an easy holiday season.
The holidays are stressful, but staying organized is easy when you put these tips to use. To discover more organization tips, visit www.AtlantaRealEstateForum.com.