Thomas Snell and James Sawyer probably didn’t imagine that their trade store for farmers would eventually become the location of one of Gwinnett County’s most popular cities. For 30 years, Snellville has continued to grow and become an ideal place for residents to prosper. Located near Atlanta and Athens, Snellville offers residents the ability to live, work and play close to home.
Considered one of the fastest growing cities in Gwinnett County, Snellville has a population of just over 20,000.
Snellville continues to rapidly grow by featuring convenient access to Atlanta. With more than 160 homes listed on Zillow, interested buyers can find homes ranging from $249,900 to $1.6 million. Rental homes on Trulia are priced from $925 per month to $3,000 per month.
Snellville is also home to some highly-rated schools. Children residing in Snellville may attend Brookwood Elementary, Snellville Middle and Brookwood High. Additionally, many great private school options are available.
Shopping and Dining
- Summits Wayside Tavern. With a menu that regularly gets an update and a drink list that is sure to impress, Summits Wayside Tavern is the perfect place to grab lunch or dinner on any day of the week. Join their monthly newsletter and receive $10 off on your birthday!
- The Shoppes at Webb Gin. With over 70 stores and restaurants, the Shoppes at Webb Gin has something for everyone. The relaxed atmosphere is promoted by beautiful fountains and outdoor seating areas. Shoppers and diners can enjoy finding exactly what they are looking for all in one convenient location.
- Ally’s Attic. Looking for quality antiques? Check out Ally’s Attic for antiques, furniture and accessories that are in ideal condition. The store receives new items on a weekly basis, so you’re bound to find new treasures each time you visit.
- Unique Treasures Flea Market. Considered an upscale flea market, Unique Treasures has almost everything you could think of. Closed on Tuesday and Wednesday, this store is open from 12p.m. to 6p.m. every other day.
- Lincoln Fill Station. North Georgia’s prime destination for craft beer and fine cigars, Lincoln Fill Station has every beer you can think of and a humidor with every cigar out there. Enjoy a pint and the company of other on their outdoor patio.
Entertainment and Recreation
- Lenora Park. Enjoy playing outside or inside at Lenora Park. The 178-acre park includes several great amenities, such as a football/multi-purpose field, a dog park, a gym, six baseball/softball fields, an outdoor pool, a one-and-a-half mile paved trail and more.
- Archery Learning Center. Keep your eyes on the target at Archery Learning Center! Archery lessons are available for most ages, and purchasing equipment is easy because of the Center’s in-house store and knowledgeable staff. The Center also hosts national events for indoor archery such as the Junior Olympic Archery Development Championship.
- Snellville Farmers Market. Every Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., June 5th through September 25th enjoy local produce, meats, eggs, honey, baked goods, bath and body care products and some local crafts. Located across the street from Snellville City Hall.
- T.W. Briscoe Park. Whether you’re watching a game of softball or basketball, or whether you’re taking a jog around the two mile walking path, Briscoe Park is sure to become one of your favorite recreation destinations. The beautiful park offers sporting fields, picnic areas, playgrounds, an outdoor pool and more.
- Snellville Community Garden. Located in the T.W. Briscoe Park, this community garden provides space to grow flowers and food for your own consumption. The garden is maintained by volunteers and you are able to sign up here to volunteer.
- Creekwater Alpaca Farm. This unique farm has been the home to over 50 alpacas since 1993. They offer public and private tours and have a petting zoo with alpacas, bunnies, sheep and pigs. They are also the home for guinea fowl and Tolouse geese. Public tours are Saturday and Sunday only and cost $15 for adults and $10 for children ages 2-13.
Visit Snellville today, and see why so many people are making the move.