Located in Fulton County, Ga., the city of Milton is said to be home of “the best quality of life in Georgia.” This city believes in embracing the small-town lifestyle and heritage in order to preserve and enhance its rural culture. Milton has an interesting history, for it was just recently named a city in March of 2006. Receiving its name from Revolutionary War hero John Milton, the town spans 23,000 acres and is populated by 33,836 residents.
This high quality of life is shown when one looks into the city’s real estate options. With an average listing price of $618,290 and a median sales price of $606, 791, the homes in Milton are of high quality and demand. Trulia lists 214 homes for sale, ranging from $89,000 to $3,699,000. So, there is something available for all price ranges.
Additionally, the city is also districted to one of the most prestigious schools in the state, Milton High School, known for its academic excellence and proficiency in athletics. Children also attend Crabapple Crossing Elementary School and Northwestern Middle School.
Located just north of Alpharetta, Milton is conveniently located near shopping, dining and entertainment.
Shopping and Dining
- Milton’s Cuisine & Cocktails. This establishment is a gem in the heart of Milton. The restaurant has a comfortable, quaint environment and is located in a 150-year-old farmhouse and 1930’s cottage. From an energetic bar to warm fireplaces, this restaurant is a local favorite. The menu consists of regionally inspired comfort food ranging from Sesame Crusted Mountain Trout to Crispy Pork Pillard.
- Olde Blind Dog Irish Pub. This Celtic museum-like pub will take you back to old-world Ireland, literally. Antique artifacts and authentic Celtic charm make going to the Olde Blind Dog a unique cultural experience. The menu puts a modern twist on classic pub food, and the bar offers Celtic draughts, wine, and many fine whiskeys and scotches. You are sure to experience the luck of the Irish when you visit the Olde Blind Dog.
- Broadwell Cottage. This store is a unique gift shop located in Crabapple Crossroads. Buyers will be surrounded by aromatics, art, home goods, candles, artwork, jewelry and clothes, many of which are created by local artists and are one of a kind. This is the perfect place to pick up a special birthday gift or just a treat for yourself.
Entertainment and Recreation
- White Columns Country Club. Providing its members with private and secure facilities, this club is the perfect spot to do business over a game of golf or spend the day getting quality time in with your family. The club is home to the most comprehensive Golf Learning Center in Georgia, and there is a wide variation of membership plans to choose from.
- Flicks & Flurries in Friendship Park. This summer series hosted by the city of Milton includes three events, two films and a day of snow tubing in the sun. The Goonies will be shown on June 8, snow tubing in the park will be on July 13, and The Sandlot will be shown on August 24. All events are located in Friendship Park.
- Bell Memorial Park. This park is one of four recreational areas in the area. Home to an active baseball park, playgrounds, pavilions and loads of parking, this park is sure to always be filled on a spring or summer day.
- Milton Library. Located at the corner of Charlotte Drive and Mayfield Road in Crabapple, this new library begins construction at the end of 2013. The planned opening date is in late 2014, and the library will be a part of the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System. Its opening is greatly anticipated, so mark your calendar now!
- Horse Facilities. The city of Milton is known for its horse-culture. There are countless different barns in the area that offer horseback riding lessons to skill levels ranging from beginner to advanced. Plus, they are conveniently located near one of Georgia’s most well-known show parks, Wills Park.
- Bethwell Community Center. This 1,300 square foot facility recently received its first renovations since the 1950’s in 2011. Many different activities and programs are held here for the public, and Milton is now taking rental reservations for your next birthday party, meeting or event.
Visit Milton today to experience a charming mix of rural culture and modern charm. For more information about the city, check out www.cityofmiltonga.us. For more Fulton County real estate opportunities and news, click here.