As the first builder in the United States to be awarded the Triple Crown of American Home Building, an honor which includes “America’s Best Builder,” “National Housing Quality Award” and “National Builder of the Year,” David Weekley Homes is no stranger to awards and accolades. The David Weekley Homes Atlanta division was awarded 11 awards at the 41st Annual OBIE Awards in October. Presented by the Sales and Marketing Council (SMC) for the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association (HBA), the OBIE Awards are designed to recognize outstanding achievements in the home building industry. This year, Lesa Ness won the Gold OBIE for Marketing Director of the Year for David Weekley Homes.
Ness’s quick thinking and innovation prompted virtual tours of new model homes during the pandemic, which created a 65% increase in organic web search and an 80% increase in web traffic over the past year. She also provided excellent customer service in the digital sphere with integrated email and social media campaigns. She has led the launch and promotion of three new communities since November 2020, each setting sales records within months. “Drive-In” themed events headed by Ness offered homebuyers a socially distanced look at two communities from the safety of their cars, resulting in 31 contract appointments and 23 sales.
“I am constantly surprised by Lesa’s innovation,” said Adam Cornett, Atlanta Division President for David Weekley Homes. “She uses data to drive results, from hits on the website to bodies in the door. She is a true marketing professional who makes sure that every dollar spent translates to a new homebuyer.”
From June 2020 to June 2021, the efforts of Ness and the sales and marketing department created countless campaigns that resulted in $80 million in revenue. Ness also is a recent member of the GAHBA 55+ Council and was newly nominated as chair of the David Weekley Homes charitable arm, The CARE Team.
“Lesa sets a really high standard for her own work and helps lift others to those same heights,” shared Josh Hilscher, Atlanta Division Director of Sales. “She is extremely loyal and invested – people see that and feed off it. She elevates everyone’s game.”
In addition to Ness’ recognition as Marketing Director of the Year, other 2021 OBIE awards David Weekley Homes has added to its trophy case include:
- Personal Achievement Award – Salesperson of the Year – Kirk Ricketts
- Gold – Best Marketing Campaign for the Drive-In Event – Glenhaven at Ridgewalk in Woodstock
- Gold – Best Model Home Interior Design for The Gilmore – The Retreat at Sterling on the Lake in Flowery Branch
- Silver – Best Community Service Project – The CARE Program
- Silver – Best Video Promotion for the Amenity Center – The Retreat at Sterling on the Lake in Flowery Branch
- Silver – Best Model Home Interior Design for The Meadowhill – The Retreat at Sterling on the Lake in Flowery Branch
- Silver – Best Model Home Interior Design for the Canterfield – Ashbury in Alpharetta
- Silver – Best Building Design for The Gilmore – The Retreat at Sterling on the Lake in Flowery Branch
- Silver – Best Building Design for The Meadowhill – The Retreat at Sterling on the Lake in Flowery Branch
- Silver – Best Building Design for The Canterfield – Ashbury in Alpharetta
Learn more about this award-winning national builder and its communities throughout Metro Atlanta at DavidWeekleyHomes.com.