If you happened to watch HGTV Star on Sunday night, you might have noticed that one team transformed old wood cabinets into beautifully painted white cabinets. While their complimentary design decisions were a little too neutral for the judges’ taste, the white cabinets took a dark kitchen to light and airy with just a simple color change. While dark cabinets were all the rage a few years ago, the transitional look is in today and Traton Homes is providing plenty of opportunities for buyers to incorporate this trend into their Cobb County homes. These kitchens may not be traditional or contemporary, but they are white hot.
When designing a kitchen around white cabinets, it is important that your other elements complement the neutral color without just “blending in.” Here are some finishes that Traton Homes’ Design Center Director, Angi Sago, would recommend buyers consider when designing a white cabinet kitchen:
- Fixtures: Chrome or brushed nickel hardware, faucets and lighting.
- Countertops: There are two extremes that compliment white cabinets, black granite countertops with no movement/veining or white granite countertops with very little movement/veining.
- Appliances: Very commercial look with stainless steel finish, including hoods.
- Flooring: Hardwood floors that showcase a rich, dark stain.
- Backsplashes: The simple clean look of white subway tile. You can jazz this look up by accenting with decorative glass tile, resulting in a more modern look. White marble subway tile still gives that fresh look but leans a little more towards the traditional.
As with any room in your Cobb County home, fabric, accessories and artwork go a long way for adding a pop of color to the kitchen. Another way to add a little color is to incorporate glass into your cabinets and show off your beautiful colored dishes.
For great examples of white kitchens, Traton Homes invites buyers to stop by their fully-decorated model homes at The Estates at Davis Ridge in East Cobb County and The Estates of Fernwood Creek in Woodstock, near Roswell.
Whether you favor this new white kitchen cabinet trend or still prefer the traditional dark wood cabinet kitchen, Traton Homes’ Design Center has the perfect options for you to design your dream kitchen.
For more information on the Traton Homes’ Design Center, as well as their beautiful new homes in Atlanta and St. Simons Island, visit www.TratonHomes.com.