The Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association (GAHBA) inaugurated its 2015 Board of Directors in a ceremony that took place on Wednesday, Jan. 14. Following a cocktail reception and formal recognition of the HBA’s 2014 winners, former HBA president John Wieland administered the oath of office to the 2015 Board of Directors.
During the ceremony, the title of HBA president was turned over to Rob Myers of Colonnade Enterprises, Inc. With more than thirty years of experience in the homebuilding and remodeling industry, Myers has held several leadership and committee member positions on both the state and local levels within the homebuilding industry. He is the owner and president of Colonnade Enterprises, Inc., located in Atlanta.
Other HBA senior officers installed during the ceremony include:
- Vice President— John Cooper, Cooper Homes
- Treasurer— Steve Palmer, Home South Communities
- Secretary— Charlie Bostwick, Brightwater Homes
- Parliamentarian— Jim Brown, JWB Properties, LLC
- Builder at Large— John Beach, Paces Construction Co., LLC
- Builder at Large— Vince Longo, Longo Homes
- Builder at Large— Steve Goodsell, S.A. Goodsell Development
- Builder at Large— Dennis McConnell, Custom Builders-Atlanta LLC
- Associate Vice President— Jeff Pogue, ProBuild
- Associate at Large—Phil Gressly, Atlanta Roofing Supply
The Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association (HBA) is made up of 950 members and is the sixth largest local home builders association in the country. The organization is a nonprofit association affiliated with the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the Home Builders Association of Georgia. Through upholding the homebuilding industry as an economic force, the HBA is committed to supporting, defending and conserving homeownership in the Atlanta area. The HBA has an official charity partnership with HomeAid Atlanta, a nonprofit organization dedicated to building and renovating temporary housing for homeless men, women and children in metro Atlanta.