If you’re thinking of purchasing your first Augusta new home, there are probably a wealth of emotions running through your mind: excitement, fear, intimidation, nervousness. To make sure the process goes smoothly and as happily as possible, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Define your goals: Make sure that you are pre-qualified, so that you know just how much house you can afford. Then, put together a list of neighborhoods that fit your budget. There’s no sense in touring homes that are out of your price range.
- Use the Internet: Once you have a budget, go online to sites such as Trulia, Zillow and Realtor.com to get a feel for what’s out there.
- Rate the inventory: When touring homes, be sure to have your smartphone or camera ready to take pictures of the potential homes. You’ll also want to take notes of unusual features and design elements, and don’t forget to review the surrounding community. After leaving, rate the home on a scale of one to 10.
- Take a second look: After touring a few properties, you will probably have a pretty solid mental list of which homes were your favorites. Tour these homes again, so that you can look at them with fresh eyes.
- Write a contract: Found your dream home? Meet with your Realtor to write up a contract.
If you’re buying a beautiful new home from Keystone Homes, be sure to check out our Buy & Save program that helps you save the necessary down payment funds. You can set a monthly or weekly schedule, so that your down payment is fully funded in time to close.
For more information, visit the Keystone Homes website or call 866-442-4460.