Inc. magazine recently released its Inc. 5000 list, which highlights the fastest-growing private companies in America. This year’s list featured 18 Georgia companies making the top 500, and just over 200 making the complete list.
The top Georgia company on the list is Atlanta-based Innovolt. Ranking at No. 31 nationally, Innovolt was the No. 1 metro Atlanta company, No. 1 Georgia company and the No. 2 Business Products and Services company in the nation. Innovolt recorded three-year growth of more than 7,000 percent and $8 million in revenue.
Other Georgia companies listed in the top 200 include:
- No. 64: GSC Packaging with $112.6 million in revenue and three-year growth of nearly 5,000 percent
- No. 117: Green Box Foods, which has $251.1 million in revenue and 3,020 percent growth over three years
- No. 142: Cloud Sherpas has $75.3 million in revenue and three-year growth of 2,633 percent
- No. 170: TracePoint Consulting, which has 2,355 growth over a three-year period and $4.9 million in revenue
- No. 193: S2Verify has $4.4 million in revenue and three-year growth of 2,142 percent.
Additional notable companies from the state of Georgia in the top 500 include Xtreme Solutions, Caduceus Healthcare, MiLend, Configero, Clearleap, PalmerHouse Properties, Careers in Transition, VDart, RePay, StandBy Talent Staffing Services, Mom Corps and Hicks and Clark.
The 32nd annual list was chosen based on revenue growth from 2009 through 2012, and companies must have been founded and generating revenue by March 31, 2009. All of the companies included in the list are privately-held, for profit, independent U.S.-based companies.
The large number of Georgia companies that made this year’s list shows how great the entrepreneurial spirit is in the state, as well as the large amount of companies that choose to do business in Georgia. It is a positive sign to see so much business growth in metro Atlanta because business growth leads to more jobs, which both lead to a stronger Atlanta real estate market.