Hot off the Press – Atlanta’s Top 25 Home Builders are Announced
The wait for the top 25 Atlanta home builders for 2021 is over! We have run the numbers, courtesy of MarketNsight, and the results are compiled. Atlanta homebuilders included in the list are ranked by percentage of market share for the number of homes closed in 2021 in the metro Atlanta real estate market.
In 2021, D.R. Horton Inc. once again topped the list with a 9% market share and an average closed price per home of $314,589. At second with a 3% market share is Century Communities of Georgia (also includes homes closed by Century Complete) and Lennar Atlanta (combined with CalAtlantic Homes Inc.) is ranked third. Coming in at No. 4 is Pulte Homes followed by Smith Douglas Homes at No. 5 and Chafin Communities/Clayton Properties Group at No 6.
It is interesting to note that four of the top five homebuilders are large national builders. The only large privately held building company to make the list is Smith Douglas Homes. Other locals on our list include Liberty Communities, Rocklyn Homes Inc., McKinley Homes, Capshaw Development, The Providence Group, Silverstone Residential and Trademark Quality Homes, to name a few.
Some Home Builder Moves of Interest
- Liberty Communities jumped to No. 8 from No. 16
- McKinley Homes is up to No. 12 from No. 20
- Capshaw Development moved to No. 15 from No. 22.
- New to the top 2021 Home Builders List are both Toll Brothers and Fischer Homes — Congrats to both!
Several Atlanta Real Estate Forum participants are included in this year’s Top 25 Atlanta homebuilders and we are pleased to congratulate them on their accomplishments!
Atlanta’s Top 25 Homebuilders for 2021
- D.R. Horton Inc.
- Century Communities of Georgia (and Century Complete)
- Lennar Atlanta (and CalAtlantic Homes Inc.)
- Pulte Homes (Pulte Group Inc.)
- Smith Douglas Homes
- Chafin Communities / Clayton Properties Group Inc.
- Ashton Woods Homes (combined with Starlight Homes Georgia)
- Liberty Communities
- DRB Group — Knight Homes/ Dan Ryan Builders
- Rocklyn Homes Inc.
- Meritage Homes of Georgia
- McKinley Homes
- Taylor Morrison of Georgia LLC
- Trademark Quality Homes, Inc.
- Capshaw Development
- LGI Homes of Georgia
- The Providence Group of Georgia LLC
- Silverstone Residential Ga LLC
- Edgar Hughston Builder
- Adams Homes
- Beazer Homes
- Toll Brothers
- Kerley Family Homes
- Reliant Homes LLC
- Fischer Homes
Photo of ranch patio home front elevation from Fischer Homes. The Wilmington model is located at Poplar Place, an active adult community in Dallas, Georgia.
Data courtesy of MarketNsight.
MarketNsight is focused on helping home builders and developers make smart decisions related to purchasing land and pricing product. Its groundbreaking Feasibility Matrix® systemizes the decision-making process and creates a one-stop shop for gauging new home community feasibility including ranking by builder and subdivision and developed lot and raw land sales. To learn more or to schedule a demonstration, visit www.MarketNsight.com.
For reference, we have included last year’s list.
2020 Atlanta’s Top 25 Homebuilders
1. D.R. Horton Inc.
2. Century Communities of Georgia (and Century Complete) — tie
2. Lennar Atlanta (and CalAtlantic Homes Inc.)– tie
3. Pulte Homes (Pulte Group Inc.)
4. Ashton Woods Homes (combined with Starlight Homes Georgia)
5. Smith Douglas Homes
6. Meritage Homes of Georgia
7. Chafin Communities / Clayton Properties Group Inc.
8. Builders Professional Group — Knight Homes/ Dan Ryan Builders
9. Taylor Morrison of Georgia LLC
10. Silverstone Residential Ga LLC
11. Rocklyn Homes Inc.
12. Beazer Homes
13. Kerley Family Homes
14. The Providence Group of Georgia LLC
15. LGI Homes of Georgia
16. Liberty Communities
17. Trademark Quality Homes, Inc.
18. Adams Homes
19. Piedmont Residential
20. McKinley Homes
21. Empire Homes
22. Capshaw Development
23. KM Homes
24. Reliant Homes LLC
25. Paran Homes