Livability is a major factor in building for active adults, one of the fastest growing demographics in the country. According to a recent article in The Atlantic Cities, 10,000 baby boomers turn 65 every day. Catering to this niche of buyers is one of the top active adult home builders in northwest Atlanta, Windsong Properties.
Windsong’s goal is to improve the lives of their homebuyers by providing thoughtful features that address livability.
“Making a livable home requires listening,” states Steve Romeyn, managing partner of Windsong Properties. “We meet with buyers throughout the sales process, giving us an opportunity to personalize their home to the way they will live in it.”
Windsong’s Active Adult Livability Features Include:
• Ranch homes with step-free access
• Low maintenance exteriors and yards
• Flexible space and additional storage with attics accessed by permanent stairs
• Energy savers such as double pane low-E windows, efficient 50-gallon gas water heaters, energy saving insulation and Energy Star programmable thermostats
• Accessible interior appointments such as wide doorways, lever-style door handles, tile showers with bench seats and low-profile curbs, grab bars and elongated toilets
• Private outdoor retreats and optional living spaces like sunrooms and screened patios
• Amenities such as private clubhouses, community gardens, parks, and nature trails
• Walkable streets with conversation starting front porches and beautiful streetscapes
• Convenient locations near shops, restaurants, parks, recreation, hospitals and more
Now, at Bel-Aire and Windsong’s active adult neighborhoods in the Seven Hills master plan, Windsong is continuously improving by designing homes that empower residents to comfortably age in their home designed for their lifestyle and challenges.
Windsong’s principals, Certified Professional Homebuilders, Mark Carruth and Steve Romeyn, have over 35 years of experience in building for the Active Adult. Learn what livability means when you tour a Windsong property, Where Life’s A Breeze! For more information, visit www.windsonglife.com.