Sandy Springs is now one of the most popular suburbs in Atlanta. As the area continues to grow and develop, builders are bringing even more home options to the area in order to fill the need in the Atlanta market. Many buyers decide to buy in Sandy Springs because of the convenient access it offers to the bustling Perimeter area and the best that North Atlanta has to offer.
With a population of 108, 798, Sandy Springs is the second largest city in the metro Atlanta area and offers varied real estate options, competitive schools, outstanding outdoor recreation and more. According to Trulia, there are currently 866 houses listed on the market ranging from $125,000 to $10.5 million.
Sandy Springs offers more than 300 restaurants, featuring dishes from all corners of the globe and suitable to a wide variety of budgets. There are comedy clubs, live music venues, and theater shows. The options for shopping include popular national brands and a variety of independent local retailers.
City Springs is one of the most exciting additions to Sandy Springs in decades. A modern city center, City Springs offers visitors and locals a vibrant place to play. With the Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center, a programmable City Green, interactive fountains for kids to enjoy, and a variety of delicious dining options, you’ll find something fun to do at City Springs. Located at 1 Galambos Way, Sandy Springs, Ga. 30328
- City Bar is now open for lunch Monday through Thursday. A sleek and sun-filled space located between Studio and Byers theatres, CityBar offers a full service bar with top shelf alcohol offerings, draft beers, specialty coffee drinks and other non-alcoholic beverage selections. Enjoy the views of City Springs, an open air patio or socialize inside while enjoying light bites and sparkling sips.
- The Select at City Springs was inspired by Paris’ famed Le Select, the chic 1920’s brasserie known for being a free-spirited meeting place. A respite from everyday life, The Select’s elegant yet approachable backdrop is perfect to enjoy the vibrant flavors of a seasonally inspired menu as well as wonderful hand-crafted cocktails. Open for dinner nightly, happy hour beginning at 4pm and Sunday brunch.
- Café Vendôme is a relaxed, elegant spot for handmade traditional French pastries and breads, in addition to delicious sandwiches, quiches and coffee.
- Flower Child has developed an entire menu devoted to veggies, grains, fruits and healthy proteins. Bowls, wraps, grains, and greens are all made from scratch daily with fresh ingredients designed to revitalize your body, mind, and soul.
- Nam Kitchen brings authentic Vietnamese food to the City in an inviting and modern atmosphere created by Alex Kinjo of MF Sushi. Led by executive chef Thuy Bich and leveraging recipes from her mother, Ahn Hoang of NAM Midtown fame, NAM Kitchen offers a traditional Vietnamese menu including a full service bar featuring craft cocktails.
- The Sandy Springs Farmers Market takes place Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. til noon at City Springs. Each week, a unique selection of vendors set up shop providing an open-air opportunity to purchase fresh produce and artisan foods. Many bring their farm to your table, others offer deliciously prepared specialty foods.
- Live Music and other entertainment takes place year-round at City Springs. Check the line up of performers as recent ones include Air Supply, Blue Stone Jazz, Nat King Cole Christmas, The Roswell Dance Theatre’s Nutcracker and mokre.
Shopping and Dining
- 285 Colonial Kitchen. A restaurant that focuses on French, Vietnamese food and is a fan favorite. Come in and enjoy some fried calamari, braised Saigon salmon, braised ginger sea bass, and traditional pho.
- Alexis Suitcase. This well-known consignment shop specializes in the reselling of luxury branded items.
- Perimeter Mall. Perimeter Mall is home to more than 150 retail stores and is Atlanta’s premier shopping experience. Some popular retailers located in this mall are Anthropologie, J. Crew, Kendra Scott, Lululemon, Madewell, and Nordstrom.
- Bridals by Lori. As seen on TLC’s “Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta”, Bridals by Lori is the number one wedding dress retailer in the Atlanta area. Stop by and get a first-class experience planning your wedding.
- Abernathy Greenway. Linear city park with artsy play structures, a pavilion, picnic tables, and public restrooms. In 2011, Sandy Springs Conservancy formed a joint venture with Art Sandy Springs to create a new kind of playground for children of all ages – one filled with real art to play on, play with, or inspire imagination.
- The City Green. The City Green at the heart of the town contains ample green space for events and last-minute picnics. Shaded areas are planned for a good book, or simply a good vantage point to people watch.
- Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area. Established in 1978 by President Jimmy Carter, this area preserves a 48-mile stretch of the Chattahoochee, with 22 miles of this preservation being located in Sandy Springs.
Art & History
- Heritage Sandy Springs. Comprised of a green space, museum, natural springs, and gardens, Heritage Sandy Springs brings a big spot to relax in the hustle and bustle of the city. The museum is located within an 1869 plain style farmhouse and has rotating exhibits, along with one permanent exhibit displaying the history of Sandy Springs.
- King & Queen Buildings. Completed in 1988 and 1991, the 34-story towers are officially Concourse Corporate Center V and VI, but are known locally as “the King and Queen towers” because their white lattice crowns resemble the heads of chess pieces. They periodically change colors to represent holidays and world events.
For more information on the City of Sandy Springs, please visit here.