Have you been overwhelmed by the constant barrage of often conflicting information you hear about the housing industry on the news? Then you will want to join the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) for their semi-annual Construction Forecast Webinar, where you will hear the latest economic data and professional opinions presented in a streamlined, efficient and easy to understand format. This year’s Fall Construction Forecast Webinar will be presented on Tuesday, October 2 from 2 until 4 p.m. EST.
The webinar is a gathering of the country’s leading economists and finance experts, and it is your best resource for the latest forecasts on housing starts, project budgets and other economic indicators of the housing industry. The two-hour webinar will include three housing and economic professionals:
- David Crowe, PhD, chief economist and senior vice president, NAHB
- Mark Zandi, chief economist, Moody’s Analytics
- Robert Denk, assistant vice president for forecasting and analysis, NAHB
Dr. Crowe will lead the presentation, and along with the two other experts, will take a look at the following issues that will affect us in 2014 and beyond, including:
- Housing’s role in the recovery
- Headwinds hindering the housing recovery, such as materials prices, labor shortages and tight credit
- Tailwinds pushing housing, such as demographics and pent-up demand
- Variations by market and where the recovery lags and leads
- Future Federal Reserve actions and their impacts
Registration of the webinar is $29.95 for HBA members and $49.95 for non-members. To register online, visit the NAHB website here.