If you’ve recently bought a new Atlanta home after relocating to the area, Valentine’s Day may seem a bit tougher than usual this year. But, don’t fret! Use this guide for ideas for celebrating all types of LOVE at home and on the town this February 14!
With your Kids:
- Better Homes and Gardens’ website offers great DIY craft ideas for parents to do with their children. Creating these crafts can be a fun way to spend a leisurely Valentine’s Day at home.
- Father-Daughter dances are prominent during the Valentine season around Atlanta. Dances are currently scheduled for Acworth, Alpharetta, Gainesville, Kennesaw, Lawerenceville, Marietta, Norcross, Roswell, Sandy Springs and Suwanee. Check out the local listings here to find a location near your home!
- Take your little sweetheart out for an extra special Valentine’s Day gift on Sunday, February 10 from noon to 4:00 p.m. at the Melting Pot in Roswell. Offering a ‘Lunch Date with Your Little Cupid,’ this Melting Pot location will have a three-course meal where kids eat FREE with an adult meal purchase. Act fast and reserve your spot today!
With your Friends:
Sometimes staying at home with friends on Valentine’s Day beats the love-fest one may encounter at any given public space, regardless of your views on PDAs and cheesy, heart-filled propaganda. This could be the perfect time to order some yummy food and settle down for a movie marathon, game night or both!
However, if you’d rather really embrace the day, just with a friend spin, here are a couple of suggestions:
- Traditional Afternoon Tea – The Ritz-Carlton in Buckhead offers an excellent Afternoon Tea that could be the perfect way to dress up your Valentine’s Day with a friend.
- Joie de Vivre Rare Rosé Champagne Tasting in the Wine Room – The St. Regis Atlanta Hotel in Buckhead is offering a real class act at $250 per person. This event is noted as the perfect option for friends; reservations can be made at 404-563-7900 or at www.stregis.com/Atlanta.
Into going out, but not feeling the love? For friends and singles looking to get over past relationships, you may enjoy hanging out at the ‘Shred Your Ex’ party at the Arena Tavern in Kennesaw on February 13 at 8:00 p.m. This event will have an actual shredder on hand to shred your ex’s old photos, cards and notes, then enjoy a free drink to toast to a better future. For more information, check out Arena Tavern on Facebook.
With your Special Someone:
If you are involved in a romantic relationship and every pink and red rose you see makes your heart swell, one of these wonderful Valentine’s Day options could right be for you!
- Clowning Around – Have a laugh with your love at the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus hosted at Philips Arena February 12 to 18. This event is sure to bring some fun to your relationship!
- Valentines in the Garden – The Atlanta Botanical Garden offers an elegant evening on Valentine’s night from 7:00 to 11:00 p.m. to help your romance blossom. This event features cocktails, desserts and dancing amid the beautiful flowers and plants of the garden for only $30 per person.
- V-Day Getaway – Cháteau Élan is currently featuring several Valentine’s Day packages for couples to choose from (with various prices too). Packages are assorted and offer spa treatments, dinner and over-night options. Book by phone at 678-425-0900 x 41 or at www.chateauelan.com/exclusives/valentines.
Ready to take your relationship to the next level? Grab a ring and propose…a keyring that is! If you’re ready for a big commitment, why not go the distance with a wedding proposal at the doorstep of your new home? After all, nothing says commitment like turning a house into a home!
If the house proposal is too extreme for your taste, but the idea of staying home sounds nice, dress up your in-home Valentine’s Day with one of the fun ideas below.
- Cheesy Fun – Most of us have world destinations we have always wanted to go to or at least wish to get back to. Find out your significant other’s special vacation wish, and turn your home into that destination for fun. The simpler the décor, the better! Post silly tourist signs and pictures around the dining and living rooms. Cook a special meal that reflects the vacation spot, and then grab a friend to play a waiter for the first part of your meal. They can even take a tourist picture for the couple while they dine, before they dash off. It may sound cheesy, but this intimate dinner is very thoughtful, full of fun and easy on the wallet.
- True Romantics – This classic home idea may not seem very creative, but sometimes it is the traditional ideas that please the most. Grab your favorite bottle of wine, cook or order your love’s favorite meal and dress up your table to the nine’s with candles, flowers, linens and more. Add music, mood lighting and rose petals per your taste. Then, dress up with your love for a posh night in.
- Just Relax – This option tends to jump out at parents who want to have a Valentine’s evening alone, but who don’t want to leave the house. This idea can be very personalized per couple. Have a romantic dinner, enjoy a bubble bath, watch a few movies, play your kids’ video games or simply reminisce about the past with some wine and chocolates. Whatever you do, make sure it is something for the both of you to enjoy together.
Whether you’re new in town or a native of the city, these ideas are sure to make celebrating LOVE near the Atlanta real estate you call home this Valentine’s Day truly something special!