Wondering what the most popular paint colors are for 2011? If you are shopping for Atlanta new homes you are bound to see some design trends related to paint colors. We interviewed Cindi MacPherson, partner with The Interior Partners to find out about the hottest color trends.
Cindi says, “The colors this year are influenced by our quest for balance in life. They will help to bring the feeling of balance and harmony to our living spaces.” She suggests that the best way to pair colors is to focus on a color you love and the ideal natural compliment will be adjacent on the color wheel.
Because bold colors work to add “punch” to a room and can be grounded when combined with neutrals. Good applications can be accent walls, trey ceilings, ceilings and even powder rooms.
Keep Cindi’s tips in mind when you are selecting colors for your new Atlanta home. This year’s hot colors are provided below with paint numbers from Benjamin Moore (BM) and Sherwin Williams (SW), so that you can easily find them and duplicate these colors in your home.
- Purple is a dominate color. Try deep smoky wine BM Vintage Wine 2116-20, pumped up fuchsia BM Royal Flush 2076-20 or Carnelian SW7580.
- Pale colors make a power statement look at BM Smoke 2122-40, Stone Lion SW7507 or Lemon Grass SW7732.
- Glam colors add punch including BM Wasabi AF-430, BM Casco Bay 2051-30 or Peacock Plume SW0020.
- Anti stress colors with lots of gray, black and white. Check out BM Storm AF-700, BM Wrought Iron 2124-10, BM Lucerne AF-530 or Loggia SW7506.
- Dreamy opalescent shades that feel transparent include BM Genesis White 2134-70. BM Porcelain 2113-60, BM Gray Mirage 2142-50 and Pearly White SW7009.
Visit the Sherwin Williams website to see their 2011 color forecast and use their color visualizer. Visit the Benjamin Moore website to see their favorite colors and combinations.
The Aspen model at Tanglewood Crest (pictured) features Logia, an anti stress color. Logia is one of this year’s hot colors from Sherwin Williams. Special thanks to Lennar Atlanta for the photo, make sure to visit Tanglewood Crest to see this color yourself!
For more new home design trends, visit often! And while you are visiting, tell us your favorite color? What room are you dying to paint purple?