Atlanta Real Estate Forum congratulates Deborah Cook for winning a Gold OBIE for Sales Manager of the Year. Presented by the Atlanta Sales and Marketing Council, the OBIE Awards are the premier awards given in the Atlanta new home construction industry.
Deborah Cook is always up for a challenge. At a time when brokers were keeping their distance from condominium conversions, Deborah Cook was asked if she could take on a large conversion project in Hilton Head, something she’d never before attempted on her own. She said what she always says when confronting a new challenge, “Sure, I can!”
The result? A sold out property—252 units valued at $52 million—in nine months. That bring-it-on attitude, a robust work ethic and extraordinary sales skills have served Deborah well during her 20 years in Atlanta’s new homes real estate market.
After graduating from Louisiana State University, Cook moved to Atlanta where she worked in sales then in mortgage banking before turning to real estate nearly 20 years ago. There, she found her true calling. Cook is extremely passionate about training and mentoring her agents and learned early in her career the importance of properly demonstrating a property.
Cook joined Berkshire Hathaway New Homes Services Sales and Marketing team in 2007 and currently serves as Associate Broker and Vice President of the New Homes Division. Leading the sales effort at one of her communities, Soleil at Laurel Canyon, has been a positive and satisfying experience. She and her team have sold out half the property in three years, achieving $41.5 million in sales last year, representing 113 accepted contracts. When you factor in the other communities she oversees, this year she managed over 254 sales for a total sales volume of $88.3 million!
Cook is a natural and generous sales professional who shares her skills on behalf of her team and their clients. She is a member of NAMAR, the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association’s Sales and Marketing Council and the Atlanta Chapter of Professional Women in Building. She is also a certified Luxury Agent.
In her spare time, ever the consummate professional, she attends workshops and seminars in an effort to better herself and her sales team.
– She has been a PTA President in a very diverse school system
– Small group participant and member of North Point Church
– Active Booster club for both daughter’s cheerleading squads and lacrosse
– Sponsor of the Georgia RUSH Soccer league in Milton
– Sponsor of Kelly Mill Elementary School
– Participates as a Foster parent in an animal rescue organization headed by one of her agents.
– Founding Sponsor for Clothed in Hope – a training ministry now in its 3rd year for widows in Zambia, Africa, empowering them with life and business skills.
– She loves product design, interior design, her deaf big standard poodle, her patient family, son Jonathan, daughters Morgan and Madison and her very supportive husband Jeff, and SEC football!
The Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association’s OBIE Awards celebrates its 35th anniversary in 2015. The awards began in 1980 and have grown throughout the years to include more than 100 building, remodeling, marketing and personal achievement categories. The OBIE Awards are named after the obelisk shape of the actual award given. To see all of this year’s OBIE award winners, visit www.AtlantaRealEstateForum.com/OBIEs. Make sure to like, share and comment on this story.