The school bell is getting ready to ring, signaling the start of another school year, and when it comes to home buying, there is nothing more important than a quality education. Results from a recent survey from Realtor.com® further prove that when it comes to buying a home, school district is top priority. Three out of five homebuyers surveyed said that school boundaries impact their home purchasing decision and most are willing to skimp on amenities to get into the perfect school district. Traton Homes provides great community locations for parents to purchase their dream metro Atlanta home while knowing that their children are getting a top notch education.
From Cherokee County to West Cobb, Traton Homes builds beautiful new homes in some of the best school districts in metro Atlanta.
- Village Walk – Located in a desirable Smyrna location, Village Walk offers spacious townhomes priced from the mid-$200,000s. In addition to beautiful interiors and a location with walking distance of the Smyrna Market Village, children at Village Walk have the opportunity to attend the new LEED-certified Smyrna Elementary School. As the first LEED-certified school in Cobb County, the two-story school can house 962 students and features a school garden that will be supported by students, staff and community volunteers. Additionally, the school offers public access to the school playfields and open space during non-school hours.
- Montgomery Park – Within walking distance of Historic Marietta Square, Montgomery Park offers spacious single-family homes priced from the low-$300,000s. Children at Montgomery Park attend an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School District that includes highly desirable West Side Elementary, which consistently performs in the top 10 percent of schools in the State of Georgia. Established in 1946, the established West Side Elementary School boasts a Talented and Gifted (TAG) Enrichment Program that provides students with challenging academic experiences that cultivate each student’s repertoire of gifts and talents.
- The Estates of Davis Ridge: Children at The Estates of Davis Ridge in West Cobb County receive an excellent education attending Mountain View Elementary, Hightower Trail Middle and Pope High schools. According to www.schooldigger.com, both Pope High and Hightower Middle consistently rank as top schools in Georgia with Pope ranked No. 11 out of 367 high schools and Hightower Trail ranked No. 7 out of 476 middle schools in 2013. All three schools performed better than 90 percent of schools in Georgia for 2013 with average math and reading scores above 90. In addition to a fantastic school district, The Estates of Davis Ridge offers buyers a serene lifestyle with just 21 single-family homes situated in this enclave community. Luxurious homes at The Estates of Davis Ridge are priced from the high-$500,000s.
- The Preserve at Lost Mill Trace – Also nestled amongst the beauty of East Cobb County is The Preserve at Lost Mill Trace. Featuring over 10-acres of open space including walking trails and a community soccer field, only two opportunities remain for buyers to purchase their dream home at The Preserve at Lost Mill Trace. In addition to spacious homes, children at The Preserve at Lost Mill Trace attend an exceptional Cobb County school district that includes Walton High School. Ranked No. 2 in the State of Georgia by SchoolDigger.com, Walton High School’s math and reading scores are off the chart with an average math score of 97.9 and average reading score of 99.2 in 2013.
- Oakwood Creek and Scott Farm – For buyers looking to purchase in West Cobb County, Traton Homes offers two communities located in the desirable Harrison High School district, Oakwood Creek and Scott Farm. Harrison High School is another top 10 school in the state, ranking as the fifth best high school in the state for 2013. Only two opportunities remain at Oakwood Creek with single-family homes priced from the low-$300,000s.. Cobb County homes at Scott Farm are selling fast and are priced from the high-$300,000s.
- Lochshire – Nestled on the Cobb/Cherokee county line, Lochshire provides close proximity to I-75, Highway 92 and I-575, as well as great shopping and dining in downtown Acworth and Town Center Mall. In addition to beautiful single-family homes priced from the $240,000s, Lochshire offers a state-of-the-art amenity package that offers something for the entire family with two lighted tennis courts, a pool with water feature, cabana, tot lot playground and sidewalks throughout. Children at Lochshire receive an excellent education attending the Etowah High School district. Etowah High School was named a National Blue Ribbon School in 2010. This recognition is given to schools where students perform at very high levels or where significant improvements are being made in students’ academic achievements. Younger students at Lochshire have the opportunity to attend the new Clark Creek Elementary School, a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Academy.
With stunning homes located in some of the best school districts in the state, purchasing a metro Atlanta home from Traton Homes is an A+ decision for your family. For more information on these fantastic homes in Cobb and Cherokee counties, visit the Traton Homes website.