Managing a home can be a rewarding but stressful experience. Maintaining your home efficiently while keeping your assets in order is a full-time job all in its own. With the assistance of smartphone apps that are available through your Apple or Android app store, staying organized and fulfilling homeowner duties has become essentially stress-free. Check out these apps that are essential for decorating, financing, home buying, home maintenance and more:
- AroundMe: As a homeowner, it is imperative to familiarize yourself with the community and the AroundMe app does just that! This app will show you businesses, restaurants and stores around your community.
- Houzz: This app connects users to interior decorating and design ideas to help them put finishing touches on their dream home. Images of room designs are suggested in order to generate ideas for designing the perfect room, and the photos are listed with pricing and availability of specific items within the suggested design. In addition, Houzz can connect you with local home professionals that can help you complete design projects within your home.
- Mint.com: Owning a home requires the ability to budget your money. Mint.com combines all of your finances into one app so that you can stay organized. This app gathers all bank, credit card and loan statements in one place, letting users see where all finances are used. It also categorizes all expenses and creates money saving suggestions based on your budget and spending habits.
- Plentifi: Plentifi focus on helping users remain financially fit, which is what every homeowner needs in order to keep their home, lifestyle and assets consistent. This app offers advice and provides financial news in order to assist users to keep their finances in order.
- Zillow: Zillow is mostly used by home buyers, but it is a beneficial commodity for buyers and owners alike. The app gives users the overview of a specific property and broadens to provide community information, estimated property values, history of nearby properties and tax rates in the area.
- Nest – The next best thing in home temperature control is here. Nest is a sleek and slim thermostat that learns your heating and cooling preferences and builds a personalized schedule based on your patterns. The makers of Nest even promise up to a 20 percent savings on your electric bill.
- Dropcam – With the advent of social media, it’s easier than ever for home intruders to know when you’re away from home. Dropcam is the home video monitoring camera that helps you keep an eye on your home even when you’re not there. This device uses a sensor to send push notifications directly to your phone when it senses motion.
- Lockitron – Never get locked out of your home again! Lockitron lets you unlock your doors from anywhere in the world. You can even give your friends and family access to your home by sending them an unlock email. Don’t worry – the lock and key is still a backup option if your phone’s batteries are low.
One of the many benefits of living at Soleil is that there’s no need to worry about chores, which cuts down on one less homeowner responsibility. Included in the monthly