As July wraps up, the team at Cardinal Construction wants to make sure your Atlanta custom home outdoor space is ready to take on the rest of the summer.
Here are few tips from MSN on how to keep your outdoor space in tip top shape:
- Clean it up! You know that amazing outdoor patio furniture you just bought for your outdoor living room? Make it last longer by keeping it clean. Here’s a helpful recipe for maintaining your furniture:
- 2/3 cup trisodium phosphate (TSP)
- 1/3 cup laundry soap powder
- A quart of bleach
- Three quarts of warm water
- Don’t just wash it, power wash it! Power washers are the perfect tool for cleaning driveways, patio and pool areas and sidewalks. Here’s another helpful tip: if the concrete is sending water towards your home’s foundation, hire an inspector or structural engineer to help you find a solution.
- Drain it off! Standing water and wood don’t mix well. Make sure you water drains directly onto the ground when you water your plants by setting pots on “feet” or by using pot stands.
By following these tips, your new custom outdoor space will last even longer. If you’re still considering remodeling a home in Atlanta, be sure to contact our team. We will work hard to build you your dream home or to transform your wasted space into a custom entertaining area.
For more information, visit www.CardinalAtlanta.com.