After an incredibly successful first year, HomeAid Atlanta announced the second annual Hope & Homes Virtual 5k event! Open for racers of all abilities, participants will raise funds to support the nonprofit organization’s mission of building new lives for individuals experiencing or at risk for homelessness in the metro area.
Know Before You Race
- If this is your first virtual race, do some research to ensure you have the most fun showing your support for HomeAid Atlanta! Click here for step-by-step instructions for the It’s Your Race mobile app and submit your finish time.
- All those wishing to sponsor the second annual Hope & Homes Virtual 5k must submit applications by April 22 for consideration.
- On May 12, all race packets will be available for pickup or shipping. Packets can be picked up between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association at 1 Dunwoody Park S, Suite 200 in Atlanta. For those registering after May 12, please allow one week for race packet pickup or mailing.
- From May 15 to 30, all those who partake in the race will have two weeks to submit their finish time on the It’s Your Race mobile app for a chance to win prizes!
- Prizes will be awarded to first, second and third places. Prize packs include a Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card, HomeAid swag, and gifts from our sponsors!
- Get ready to mark your calendars for the Awards and Recognition Ceremony. Date TBD!
Continue the Fun
After completing the race, participants are encouraged to snap a photo wearing the official Hope & Homes 5k t-shirt and email it to Cecily Stevens at email@example.com by May 30 for a chance to win additional prizes! Share your race photos on Instagram with #HomeAidATL5K and tag @homeaidatlanta to gain an additional entry in the drawing. Instagram entries are limited to one entry per post. Winners will be announced at the Awards and Recognition ceremony on Facebook Live!
For more information or to sign up for this unique way to support the official charity of the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association, visit the official sign-up page. Watch the 2021 wrap-up slideshow to celebrate the initial success of the Hope & Homes Virtual 5k and get inspired!
To learn how your company can provide a facelift for organizations across the metro area supporting individuals at risk or experiencing homelessness, visit www.HomeAidAtlanta.org.