Curious how you can support your community this spring? Recognizing the blatant challenge for many families to provide basic needs, HomeAid Atlanta is gearing up for its 21st Annual Essentials Drive. A community-wide event, the Essentials Drive is an annual effort dedicated to collecting “essentials” such as baby wipes and diapers for families with infants and toddlers affected by homelessness across the metro area. In honor of Mother’s Day, HomeAid Atlanta will be collecting items from April 1 to May 4, 2022, to assist mothers within the community.
Founded in 2001, HomeAid Atlanta is a nonprofit organization that has been assisting those at risk or experiencing homelessness within the metro area for over 20 years. Out of the 5,500 estimated homeless individuals in Atlanta, 50% are women and children. Since 2002, the Annual Essentials Drive has collected over 1.7 million vital baby items thanks to the generous support of the home building industry and metro Atlanta community.
Team up with HomeAid Atlanta this April by involving your community or company:
- Deposit donated items at any associated drop-off location throughout metro Atlanta.
- Involve your local church, friends and coworkers through a public collection.
- Get involved virtually by shopping the Amazon and Target registries or donating funds directly.
- On May 5, join volunteers to pack, count and sort donations with HomeAid Atlanta.
- Become a public drop-off collection point for HomeAid Atlanta through April. Get everyone involved by sharing updates on social media using hashtags #ATLEssentials2022, #HomeAidEssentials and #EssentialsDrive!
- Watch the 2021 Essentials Wrap-Up Video to get inspired!
Every collected item will be distributed via UPS to several nonprofit organizations across metro Atlanta that serve homeless families and children. Donations provide direct support for one of the fastest-growing homeless populations – women with children.
Contact the HomeAid Atlanta Director of Community Engagement Karen McLane at 678-775-1450, via email at email@example.com or click here for additional information regarding the 2022 HomeAid Essentials Drive.
To date, HomeAid Atlanta has completed over 170 construction projects by utilizing industry connections to partner with veterans, teen mothers, victims of domestic violence and more at risk or experiencing homelessness. To discover the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association (GAHBA) designated charity or this year’s volunteer efforts, visit www.HomeAidAtlanta.org.