Instead of making your 2013 resolutions unrealistic, difficult or just plain annoying, why not set some goals that offer enjoyable ways to improve your health and well-being? At Soleil Laure Canyon, we are all about healthy, active living, so we want to share AARP’s 10 New Year’s resolutions that are both beneficial and fun.
- Party time! People with an active social life are less likely to have memory and reason troubles.
- Adopt an animal. People with pets have healthier hearts and an extra support system.
- Eat chocolate. Dark chocolate is made up of flavonoids, which aid in your cell’s resistance to damage that may contribute to cancer.
- Drink coffee. Coffee appears to lower your risk of death from chronic illnesses and may protect again skin cancer and liver damage.
- Cheers! Wine and beer in moderation protect against diabetes and cancer.
- Have sex. The act causes the brain to release endorphins that can reduce anxiety and act as painkillers.
- Jam. Music brings about good sleep, boosts your mood and reduces anxiety.
- Nap time. Naps may improve your mood, memory and ability to learn.
- Take in the great outdoors. Spending time outside can improve your immune system and help you recover from surgery faster.
- Stop using certain soaps. Antibacterial soaps that contain triclosan may contribute to the production of disease-causing bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics.
So let’s make 2013 your best year ever by living an enjoyable, healthy life! If you are ready to improve your well-being and get active at the “Best Neighborhood in the U.S.” according to Where to Retire magazine, call 678-880-3071 and visit our website at SoleilLaurelCanyon.com.
Check out the entire AARP article by clicking here.