Even though school is already back in session for some Atlanta new home residents, it’s not too late to stock up on the essential supplies for the upcoming school year–tax free! Georgia is once again participating in the tax-free weekend, which will be held August 9 and 10 this year.
- Clothing and footwear with a sales price of $100 or less per item
- General school supplies with a sales price of $20 or less per item
- Personal computers and accessories with a sales price of $1,000 or less per item
Examples of Non Tax-Free Items:
- Purses, handbags and briefcases
- Computer games
- Gaming systems
- Surge protectors
- MP3 players
- Books (except children’s books, dictionaries and thesauruses)
Unsurprisingly, a recent Realtor.com survey found that three in five homeowners said school-district boundaries affect their home buying decision, and that the majority would go over their budget to live in a community with good schools. However, many Atlanta home builders are currently offering great buyer incentives in their most popular communities located within award-winning school districts; this means Atlanta homebuyers can not only save green when it comes to their new home, but thanks to the tax-free weekend, they can also save on all of the school supplies they need to help their child succeed in their new school!