The heart of the home is the kitchen, but with young children, it can be hard to keep an eye on them and keep them entertained while you’re cooking dinner. Keystone Homes knows this, which is why we are offering a few of our favorite suggestions for designing a family-friendly kitchen for your custom built Augusta home.
- Multi-Purpose: Your kitchen island isn’t just for prepping and serving food, make it a central zone for homework, snacks and more. To make the space perfect for snack time, store healthy snacks within an easily accessible drawer in the island.
- Organization: Use built-in armoires with a bottom row of drawers that can be easily reached by little hands. Chalk board paint is also a great way to transform your pantry door or kitchen island into a handy place for writing down inspirational quotes, reminders and grocery lists.
- Kid-Level: Place items your kids might need access to in the lower cabinets, so that they can get what they need without having to climb on the counters.
- Countertops: Stain resistant countertops such as granite are an ideal solution for families with little ones.
- Fridge: When it comes to you fridge, storing your children’s favorite foods and drinks in a place where they can reach them makes it easier for them to find and get what they want.
As a knowledgeable and customer-centered builder, Keystone Homes is ready to help you fulfill your homeownership dreams without all of the hassle and worry.
Visit www.BuildKeystone.com for more information.