If you haven’t been to see the 2013 Atlanta Symphony Decorators’ Show House and Gardens yet, May is your perfect opportunity to do so with plenty of special events planned.
This year’s home is a grand chateau inspired by the architecture of France and constructed by William T. Baker set on a rolling estate in Buckhead. With more than 18,000 square feet, visitors are able to see the talents of the Southeast’s most talented designers including Julian Phillips, Patricia McLean Interiors, Robert Brown Interior Design, Karpaty, Kellie Griffin Interiors, Jenny Parker of Insidesign and J. Hirsch Interiors.
Upcoming events include:
- Soiree: Entertaining with Style & Gracious Living on Thursday, May 2 at 11:30 a.m.- Danielle Rollins, author of Soirée Entertaining with Style, constributing editor for Veranda and lifestyle editor for LuxeCrush.com, will talk about her new book.
- A Time to Plant & Cook on Thursday, May 9 at 11:30 a.m.- James Farmer will present a special lecture on his unique take on southern staple foods, as well as sign copies of his latest book.
- Stevie Wonder vs. Steve Jobs?: The Marriage of an Old World Technology with The Digital Age on Thursday, May 9 at 3:30 p.m.- Ike VanMeter and Stevan Mills of Steinway Piano Galleries in Alpharetta will provide a demonstration of how the piano has been merged with digital technology to enable famous artists to actually play your piano in your own home.
- Seize the Moment on Friday, May 10 at 1:30 p.m.- Chris H Olsen will motivate you to make small reinventions in your home and landscape to make your life a little more soothing.
- Designing Great American Homes on Saturday, May 11 at 1:30 p.m.- William T Baker, architect for this year’s house, will speak about designing great American homes. He’ll talk about the buildings that inspire him and how they have expressed themselves in his work.
- Gardens for Connoisseurs Tour on Saturday, May 11 and Sunday, May 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.- Explore the finest in garden design with tours of several private gardens.
This year’s home will remain open every Tuesday through Sunday through May 12. Tickets are $25, and complimentary parking is available at 3284 Northside Parkway.
For more information on operating hours, the house and where to purchase tickets, please visit www.DecoratorsShowHouse.org.