If you’re hosting an event at your house this holiday season, Keystone Homes has some tips for improving the look of your dining room. And if you’re still looking for a new home in Aiken, S.C., we have six communities with plenty of opportunities for you. Here are some ways to make this holiday even more memorable than the last.
1. Add colorful accessories to the dining room. Art work or floral pieces can accent dark-colored walls. Handmade or vintage accessories also add personality to the room.
2. For a classic-yet-fresh look, apply a classic pattern like damask in black and white over paneled wainscoting. This look can be complimented by a black chandelier.
3. Painting vertical stripes on the walls in tonal shades will create a bright backdrop for your dining room table.
4. By adding bright colors to the walls, chair seats or even the back of your china cabinet, your dining room will have a more playful and casual feel.
5. Applying a soft yellow paint color to the walls and ceiling, hanging family photos on the wall and adding a dark stained table with upholstered chairs will create a warm, friendly room.
6. Choosing complimentary colors will make your dining space more inviting.
7. Give your room a collected-over-time look with mismatched furniture. Pick out the table first because finding chairs to match the height will be easier.
Make your dining room the focal point of the house for all of your holiday celebrations.