Pack those picnic baskets and get out your blankets because August is National Picnic Month! For many residents of Brock Built’s Atlanta new home communities, finding the perfect place to have a picnic is as simple as walking outside your front door.
In fact, a majority of our communities either have dedicated greenspaces or have an amenities package that includes picnic areas, pavilions and/or grills. These areas were designed to bring our residents together for either a small gathering with just your family or a few neighbors or even a larger gathering of the whole community.
However, it’s not just inside our communities that you’ll find the perfect picnic spot, several of our communities are located within just a few miles of local parks. Here’s a look at some of our favorite picnic spots:
- Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park: Residents of Cloverhurst and Manget are less than 10 minutes away from this historical park. Families can enjoy a meal together in the designated picnic areas, and then drive to the top of the mountain or take a hike on one of the 18 miles of interpretive trails.
- Homeowners at Dupont Commons will find several parks surrounding the community including Atlanta Memorial Park, Spink-Collins Park, Whittier Mills Park and Tanyard Creek Park. This community is also one that offers parks, pavilions and grills in addition to a swimming pool, fitness center, award-winning clubhouse and fire pit.
- Grant Park: If enjoying a meal al fresco followed by a visit to the Cyclorama or Atlanta Zoo sounds like your ideal family outing, then you’ll want to be one of the lucky ones to move into our new East Atlanta homes at Glenaire, which is located just a short drive from Grant Park.
- Sweat Mountain Park: In addition to a picnic pavilion, this park in East Cobb near Lynden Manor and Idlewilde also offers baseball fields, batting cages, tennis courts, a playground and a dog park for Fido.
- Bells Ferry Park also offers plenty of picnic and recreation opportunities for homeowners of The Enclave at Laura Creek. This park includes a picnic pavilion, two playgrounds, four tennis courts, two softball fields and two batting cages.
So, whether your National Picnic Month celebration includes just the family or all of your friends and neighbors, you’ll have plenty of location options for setting up your blanket and basket.
If you’re not yet a Brock Built resident, be sure to check out the homes for sale in Atlanta on our website, so you too can celebrate your new home with a picnic in one of our beautiful communities!