Buyers searching for new homes in Augusta, Ga., have many things to consider before making a final decision. One of the most important decisions involves choosing a builder. After all, even if the floor plan includes everything you’ve ever wanted, a lack of customer service or experience can quickly turn your dream home into a nightmare. To help you find the right homebuilder, Keystone Homes offers these seven strategies.
- Tour the neighborhood that interest you and talk with existing homebuyers. How did the builder interact with them? Are they happy with their current home?
- Check the builder’s track record. Sites like GuildQuality perform independent customer satisfaction surveys that rate companies on numerous factors. Customers who are surveyed can also leave reviews on the site.
- Walk through some completed homes and ones currently under construction. Ask about materials used; any challenges in the area; and the stability of the home.
- Ask the builder what features are included in the base price for homes. If you absolutely must have certain features, be sure and ask about a price list for available upgrades.
- Find out if you can tour the homesite during different phases of construction. A good builder will want to keep you in the loop to make sure that your needs are met.
- Ask if your builder has liability insurance and worker’s compensation coverage for employees. If the builder isn’t covered, you could end up being liable for damages sustained on the premises during construction.
- Make sure your builder offers a warranty on the home. Most new homes should include a mechanical and structural warranty. Keystone Homes offers a one-year limited warranty, two-year mechanical warranty and 10-year structural warranty through StrucSure Home Warranty.
By doing some research and asking questions, you’re sure to find the right builder. If you’re looking for a reliable builder in Augusta, Ga., Keystone Homes has three new home communities in the area with prices to suit every budget. For more information on Riverstone, Granite Hill and Stone Creek, visit the website or call 866-442-4460 (toll-free).