2013 is shaping up to be a great year for the Atlanta Real Estate Forum. We have already broken news of three new builders coming to Atlanta, and from everything we have seen so far Atlanta home builders are gearing up for a banner year. We thought it would be fun to take a moment to highlight some of the exciting things that occurred during 2012. We did a quick review of the site and thought it would be fun to share the stories with the most clicks in 2012.
Favorite Posts of 2012:
- HGTV’s Property Virgins Wants to Feature Your Atlanta New Home – 2012 brought this hit HGTV show to the Atlanta area where it began casting for the 2013 season. Check out the latest episodes featuring Atlanta-area real estate communities, you may see an area you’re familiar with. Property Virgins is now casting in the Atlanta area for 2013, so if you’re looking to house hunt with a camera crew, check them out!
- Don’t Miss the Bus with Atlanta SMC – In April of last year, the Atlanta Sales and Marketing Council held a fabulous event called ‘Deals on Wheels.’ This SMC event allowed realtors to have a VIP bus tour of North Fulton and Forsyth County new homes with great prizes, food and drinks along the way. This event was an excellent glimpse into the industry and at the wonderful communities being built in the metro-area. Look for this tour to go Intown during April 2013.
- 2013 Color Trends Forecast – Tessa Jones, a color consultant from PPG Porter Paints, wrote an exceptional article last year for the Atlanta Real Estate Forum explaining the process that goes into predicting color trends year to year. Her post is right on the money with 2013’s trendy colors, so check out the article and see for yourself!
- Redfin Partners with AH Capital, LLC to List Vannoy Park in Edgewood – This article is one of many published on the Atlanta Real Estate Forum in 2012 that began to show the subtle upswing of the Atlanta real estate market. It features the Atlanta brokerage team of Redfin and AH Capital, LLC, and demonstrates how the relationships between brokers, sellers and buyers are important to the health of the industry.
- Active Adult Community Goes Hollywood – The homeowners at Brookhaven of East Cobb were visited by Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn in the fall of 2012, as ‘The Internship’ film crew used their Jim Chapman community to shoot a few scenes for the movie. Scheduled for release in the summer of 2013, some residents were even asked to be extras in the film, making it a fun memory of 2012!
These 2012 posts were just the tip of the iceberg for the Atlanta Real Estate Forum because there were so many wonderful articles published last year! We hope you enjoyed these highlights from the past, and wish you all a fantastic 2013!
If you had a favorite article from 2012, let us know! Post a note in our comment section below.