It’s the most wonderful time of the year again! Well, not quite, but here in Atlanta, local businesses are getting into the holiday spirit with Christmas in July celebrations aplenty. Check out the list of some of our favorite celebrations to find one near your new home in Atlanta:
- Wednesday, July 24: Bring a new toy or your checkbook, and join DJ Santa at The Place Bar & Grille Towne Lake (1105 Parkside Lane) for an evening of festivities benefitting Toys for Tots.
- Thursday, July 25: Fado Irish Pub & Restaurant (273 Buckhead Avenue, Atlanta) caps off the 12 Days of Gifting hosted by The Empty Stocking Fund with live entertainment, food and drinks from 6 to 8 p.m. All bar tips generated will be donated directly to The Empty Stocking Fund, so come out for a toast to bringing joy to underprivileged children.
- Thursday, July 25: Atkins Park Restaurant & Bar (794 N. Highland Avenue) just couldn’t wait to get into the holiday spirit, so join them for their annual Christmas in July party beginning at 9 p.m. There will be a “Deer & Beer” drink special, Christmas cookies and gift giveaways.
- Saturday, July 27: Get your running shoes laced up for the Cruisin’ for Christmas in July race benefitting Operation Christmas Child. The 5k Reindeer Run, 1 mile Santa Shuffle and Elf Trot will be held at Union Grove High School (120 East Lake Road, McDonough) beginning at 8 a.m.
- Saturday, July 27: Instead of waiting until Christmas Eve to stock up on gifts, do your shopping a little early with the Center for HOPE’s Christmas in July Fundraiser from 5 to 10 p.m. at the Merle Manders Conference Center (111 Davis Road, Stockbridge). Enjoy live entertainment, upscale merchandise from local vendors and food and drink all in a Christmas-themed setting.
- Saturday, August 10: The City of Milton presents “Christmas in July: Snow Tubing in the Park” from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. as part of its “Family, Fun, Flicks & Flurries” summer event series at Friendship Community Park in Crabapple (12785 Birmingham Highway, Milton). Kids of all ages will be able to cool off by sliding down freshly packed snow, plus enjoy a bounce house, face painting, crafts and more.
- Book Your Appointment with Santa: This last event won’t come around until the holiday season starts, but you better put it on your list now! Phipps Plaza has started accepting pre-registration for appointments to visit with Santa who will arrive on November 1. Pre-registration doesn’t guarantee an appointment, but it does put you in the system to receive your appointment token in the middle of September.
We hope these events will put you in a festive spirit as we head into the last six months before the holiday season is officially here again!
If you know of more Christmas in July celebrations in your local neighborhood, please share the details with us in the comments section below.