April 1 is opening day for the Atlanta Braves, and Atlanta homeowners and residents alike are ready for another great season filled with unbelievable plays, crackerjacks, tomahawk chops and of course, hometown spirit at Turner Field. Here’s a rundown of what you won’t want to miss this season:
- April 1: Opening Day versus the Philadelphia Phillies
- May 5 and September 1: Bark in the Park, bring Fido to a game!
- May 4, June 1, July 12, August 9, September 14: Braves Big Night Out with cooking demonstrations by celebrity chefs, fully catered suite with menus designed around visiting teams’ local cuisine and more.
- May 17: Girls Night Out, an evening of stylish baseball and festivities benefiting Camp Twin Lakes.
- May 30, June 20, July 11: Player bobblehead giveaways for the first 20,000 fans.
- June 1: Summer Concert Series with Run DMC
- June 28: Chipper Jones Braves Hall of Fame Induction and Jersey Retirement
- August 10: Ultimate kids day with a pregame parade, free games in Scout’s Alley and Fan Plaza, free Braves Museum admission and live music.
- August 11: Mother-Son Day
- September 1: Summer Concert Series with Big & Rich
- September 14: Father-Daughter Day
Of course, this is only a sampling of the events and giveaways that will be held all season long. Be sure to visit the Boys of Summer a time or two this summer to enjoy America’s favorite pastime and honor Atlanta’s hometown team.
Want to be closer to all of the action? With a fan-tastic selection of new homes in Atlanta on our site, you’ll be able to make plenty of long-lasting memories at the ballpark this summer.