The new year has always been a time for looking back to the past, and more importantly, looking forward to the coming year. It’s a time to reflect on the changes we want or need to make and resolve to put our best foot forward. So, this year, why not put a move to Soleil on your list and start living the resort lifestyle?
While there are numerous reasons to move to Soleil Laurel Canyon, here are the top six reasons residents love to call Soleil “home:”
1. Location: Soleil Laurel Canyon is located northwest of Atlanta, the South’s largest and most vibrant city, and it is approximately one hour from the world’s busiest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
2. Resort-Worthy Clubhouse and Activities: Soleil residents have membership in a 28,000 square foot clubhouse complete with an arts and crafts room, billiards room, fitness center, gourmet teaching kitchen and indoor heated saline lap pool. Outside the clubhouse, residents enjoy a heated lagoon-style pool, community garden and greenhouse, a fishing lake and a tennis facility. In addition, two lifestyle directors maintain a full social calendar of events including wine socials, movie nights, and trips to nearby attractions.
3. Maintenance-Free Living: There’s no need to worry about chores when living at Soleil. Included in the monthly HOA fee is complete lawn maintenance and an irrigation system, in-home security monitoring and maintenance and television.
4. Pleasant Climate: Soleil Laurel Canyon enjoys a temperate climate with an average high temperate of 87 degrees in July and 49 degress in January.
5. Low Taxes: Georgia is a tax-friendly state for retirees. Retirement income for people over 62 is exempt up to $35,000 per person, and almost all non-working income will be exempt (all will be exempt by 2016). Additionally, social security income is exempt and property tax collections are below the national average.
6. Access to Quality Healthcare: Cherokee County offers a strong, vital healthcare community to care for its residents anchored by Northside Hospital – Cherokee, an 84-bed, full-service community hospital with more than 400 physicians on its medical staff. Northside Hospital-Cherokee also offers outpatient services at facilities in Canton, Holly Springs and Woodstock and is set to open a new $250 million campus in 2015.
Prices at Soleil Laurel Canyon will increase on Jan. 1, 2014, so make time before the New Year to come visit us! To learn more about the active adult lifestyle and resort living or to book a Discovery Tour, visit us at www.SoleilLaurelCanyon.com.