The month of October is filled with fall fun, candy by the bucket load and ghosts, goblins and ghouls. Residents of Piedmont Residential’s many Cobb County new home communities are lucky enough to get to experience all that October has to offer just minutes from their home.
For one night only, the Fall-O-Ween Fest will transform Swift-Cantrell Park into Spook-Central Park! Held on Saturday, Oct. 12 beginning at 5 p.m., the event will feature fun inflatables, train rides, carnival games, a trick-or-treat trail, children’s crafts, scarecrows and handcarved pumpkins. Come dressed in your best Halloween costume for a chance to win cool prizes in the costume contest that is open to all ages, even dogs! Following the evening of fun, the City of Kennesaw’s Outdoor Movie Series will continue with a screening of Hotel Transylvania at 7:30 p.m.
The annual Harvest Square Arts and Crafts Festival will be held on Saturday, Oct. 19 at the Historic Marietta Square from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. The festival will feature many local and area artists and craftspeople, as well as Halloween Happenings, which includes games, activities and prizes for the entire family. You can also view the Scarecrows on the Square, and the scarecrow contest winners will be announced at 1:45 p.m. Additionally, there will be a fun costume contest for children and pets starting at 2 p.m.
Combining a little history with the spirit of Halloween, the Ghosts of Marietta Haunted Walking Tour is a resident favorite event. Ghosts of Marietta is a lantern-led walk through the historic streets of Marietta that happens Thursday through Saturday nights now through Halloween weekend. The city of Marietta has a past that is deep in tradition and history, and some residents never chose to leave. Come hear the stories behind the mysteries of those departed spirits and maybe even see one, too.
The 14th annual Fall Festival of Fun, which provides the children of Cobb County a safe alternative to traditional trick-or-treating in their communities, includes arts and crafts, games, inflatable rides, police and fire activities, costume and coloring contests and a photo booth. The event is held on Halloween at Jim R. Miller Park from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Enclave at Cripple Creek – Located in Kennesaw, this community will have only 18 homes that are priced from the high $180,000s.
- Enclave at Hidden Hills – Located in Kennesaw, homes are priced from the $230,000s and offer up to 3,000 square feet of living space in a customizable home design.
- Lassiter Park – Piedmont Residential has only two home sites remaining in this community located across the street from Lassiter High School in Marietta.
- Granite Mill – Only four homes, priced from the mid $200,000s, remain in this East Cobb community.
- Ward Farm – Located in the top-ranked Harrison High School district, Ward Farm is a small enclave of just 22 spacious homes that are priced from the $250,000s to the $350,000s.
For more information on the Cobb County new home communities from Piedmont Residential, visit their website at www.PiedmontResidential.com.