Soleil Laurel Canyon’s Holiday Party Checklist
Christmas is less than two weeks away, and the holiday hustle is in full swing. For many of us, party planning can be overwhelming. You may be asking yourself, “How can I deck the halls, light the candles, bake the cookies, wrap the presents and hang the mistletoe before my guests arrive?”
Soleil Laurel Canyon, a premier active adult community in north Georgia, can help! We’re no stranger to throwing a good party, and our lifestyle team has offered some time saving tips to make your holiday planning stress-free. So, pour yourself some eggnog and take a look at this candy cane-to-sleigh bell checklist.
1. Skip the expensive paper invitations. It’s 2013, so while a printed invitation is always nice, it’s perfectly acceptable to save some money by sending an evite. Guests can RSVP immediately and save event information on their calendars.
2. Plan a stress-free menu. Serve foods that can be prepared ahead of time. Limiting beverages to sparkling water, juices, and red and white wine should satisfy everyone and it makes a bartender unnecessary.
3. Organize glassware and serving items. The rule of thumb is two plates, forks and glasses per guest. Figure out which you’ll use for each menu item, label each serving dish with a Post-it note and borrow or buy extras if you don’t have enough.
4. Hire a helping hand. Hiring a kitchen, serving or bartending assistant—a professional or a neighborhood teen—can free you up if you’re expecting a big crowd.
5. Mix-up the music. To infuse the party with holiday cheer, without subjecting folks to back-to-back tracks of “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” and “Feliz Navidad,” mix traditional holiday songs with favorite party tunes in a ratio of three to 10.
For more information about Soleil Laurel Canyon, visit us at www.soleillaurelcanyon.com.