Settling Down in Snellville
Thomas Snell and James Sawyer probably didn’t imagine that their trade store for farmers would eventually become the location of one of Gwinnett County’s most popular cities. For 30 years, Snellville has continued to grow and become an ideal place for residents to prosper. Located near Atlanta and Athens, Snellville offers residents the ability to live, work and play close to home.
Snellville continues to rapidly grow by featuring convenient access to Atlanta. With more than 300 homes listed on Zillow, interested buyers can find homes ranging from $59,900 to $385,000. Rental homes on Trulia are priced from $650 per month to $5,000 per month.
Snellville is also home to some highly-rated schools. Children residing in Snellville may attend Brookwood Elementary, Snellville Middle and Brookwood High. Additionally, many great private school options are available.
Shopping and Dining:
• Summits Wayside Tavern. With a menu that regularly gets an update and a drink list that is sure to impress, Summits Wayside Tavern is the perfect place to grab lunch or dinner on any day of the week. Beer lovers can join the Passport Club by drinking all 100 draft beers that Summits Wayside Tavern has to offer. The $2 registration fee is donated to Habitat for Humanity, so it’s a win-win.
• The Shoppes at Webb Gin. With over 70 stores and restaurants, the Shoppes at Webb Gin has something for everyone. The relaxed atmosphere is promoted by beautiful fountains and outdoor seating areas. Shoppers and diners can enjoy finding exactly what they are looking for all in one convenient location.
• El Jinete Mexican Restaurant. Enjoy some delicious Mexican food at El Jinete off of Centerville Hwy. The friendly service, extensive menu and large portions will keep you coming back for more.
• Ally’s Attic. Looking for quality antiques? Check out Ally’s Attic for antiques, furniture and accessories that are in ideal condition. The store receives new items on a weekly basis, so you’re bound to find new treasures each time you visit.
Entertainment and Recreation:
• Lenora Park. Enjoy playing outside or inside at Lenora Park. The 178-acre park includes several great amenities, such as a football/multi-purpose field, a dog park, a gym, six baseball/softball fields, an outdoor pool, a one-and-a-half mile paved trail and more.
• Archery Learning Center. Keep your eyes on the target at Archery Learning Center! Archery lessons are available for most ages, and purchasing equipment is easy because of the Center’s in-house store and knowledgeable staff. The Center also hosts national events for indoor archery such as the Junior Olympic Archery Development Championship.
• Snellville Days/Continuous Entertainment Festival. Attendees of Continuous Entertainment will enjoy two days full of live entertainment. This event, which is perfect for the entire family, features an arts and crafts festival, a community show, a car show, a motorcycle show and more.
• Briscoe Park. Whether you’re watching a game of softball or basketball, or whether you’re taking a jog around the two mile walking path, Briscoe Park is sure to become one of your favorite recreation destinations. The beautiful park offers sporting fields, picnic areas, playgrounds, an outdoor pool and more.
Visit Snellville today, and see why so many people are making the move. For more information about its Gwinnett homes, click here.Contact Us