It’s time to say goodbye to 2013 and hello to 2014, and Atlanta is one of the best cities to ring in the New Year!
Whether you’re going the family-friendly or adults-only route, here are some of the most popular events happening in Atlanta on New Year’s Eve:
- 2014 Peach Drop: The southeast’s largest New Year’s Eve celebration is a 16-hour extravaganza of family fun at Underground Atlanta. Start the day off right with carnival rides, live music, face painting, street performers and festival food beginning at 11 a.m. Then, enjoy more live performances on the main stage, and of course, stick around for the 800-ound Peach drop at midnight.
- Noon Year’s Eve with Radio Disney: Celebrate the start of 2014 with your kids at an extra special dance party hosted by Radio Disney at the Smyrna Community Center (200 Village Green Circle). The party will start at 10:30 a.m. with a big balloon drop at noon.
- Noon Year’s Eve at LEGOLAND: Be one of the first to ring in 2014 with a LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta balloon drop at noon. There will also be a 2014 build going on throughout the day in addition to a prize wheel.
- Dinner at the Sun Dial Restaurant: For $25, you can relax in this luxury lounge 723 feet above the city with live jazz from the Mose Davis Trio, festive decorations and a midnight champagne toast. For $95, you can also enjoy a gourmet three-course meal. Bear seating is available first come first serve at 7 p.m., so come out early!
- ASO New Year’s Eve: The music and lyrics of George and Ira Gershwin are the perfect way to greet 2014 with this special performance from the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. Tickets are selling fast, so purchase yours online today.
- Chick-fil-A Bowl: It’s the Aggies versus the Blue Devils in one of the country’s most exciting post-season matchups. The game will kick off at 8 p.m., but be sure to come out early for the FanFest featuring games, obstacle courses, rock climbing walls, food and beverages, game merchandise and pep rallies for each team.
- Downtown Countdown: For the ninth consecutive year, the Hyatt Regency will host one of the city’s largest parties. Dress for this event is semi-formal, and your ticket includes a premium open bar, heavy hors d’ourves, four ballrooms with live entertainment, a midnight balloon drop and much more.
- Callaway Gardens’ New Year’s Eve Party: Spend the day exploring the world renowned gardens, and then dine and dance the last night of 2013 away with live music from Kidd Blue and a champagne toast at midnight. Click here to purchase tickets.
Of course, one of the best ways to celebrate the new year is in a brand new Atlanta home. Be sure to subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest Atlanta real estate news.