Retire the Right Way with Jim Chapman Communities
Archive Page - Links and Images have been removed.
With so many active adult communities to choose from in the Atlanta area, how do you select the right one? Well, just follow these easy steps from Jim Chapman Communities:
1. Choose the location. Where do you want to live? Think of the surrounding area, weather and, of course, proximity to family and friends. Jim Chapman Communities builds in the perfect locations, tucked away from the city bustle but still convenient to everything. Communities include Brookhaven at Sugarloaf in Duluth, Brookhaven of East Cobb in Kennesaw and Brookhaven at Lanier Ridge in Cumming.
2. Plan your budget. Active adult communities can make or break your budget. Before you start touring homes, call to find out homeowner’s fees and any additional membership fees. Then, add those fees to your budget. Each Jim Chapman community’s lawn maintenance and amenities are covered by HOA costs.
3. Prioritize needs vs. wants. Communities within your budget will probably not include everything on your “wish list.” But, you do want to live where most of your needs and wants will be taken care of. What type of home features do you need, easy wheel chair access, etc.? What kind of amenities do you want? Home features by Jim Chapman Communities include wider doorways, zero-step entries and tons of storage space. Amenities by the builder include pools, outdoor fireplace and clubhouses with exercise rooms and kitchens.
4. Visit each community. After figuring out your ideal location, budget and “wish list,” write down which communities you want to visit. Then, schedule a tour. Be sure to take a camera to take photos of the homes, amenities and surrounding area.
5. Explore the area. Did you fall in love with a community? Explore the surrounding area. You want to make sure that your favorite stores, restaurants, parks and attractions are close. If the area is boring, you probably will be driving further than you want to. Before saying yes to a new home, be sure to like the area around it.
While following these steps, come discover Jim Chapman Communities. Retire the right way! For more information, visit www.jimchapmancommunities.com.Contact Us