For the past several months, Windsong Properties has been busy developing Heron Pond, its newest active adult community in Woodstock. After a soggy summer, Windsong is excited to announce that construction has begun on the first of two models, its flagship plan, The Carson.
The Carson was designed for the entertaining empty nester. Enjoy a generous kitchen open to the courtyard and dining area, a large island for appetizers or wine tastings and an oversized walk-in pantry for all the tools you have collected. This plan offers a Retreat, a space that Sarah Susanka, author of The Not So Big House, refers to as the “Away Room”- a cozy and quiet space into which one can escape. With plenty of storage and flexible space to suite your lifestyle, this home is a gem and features Windsong’s signature accessibility features for a changing lifestyle.
Features of The Carson include:
• Private courtyard with views from kitchen and dining area
• Bright, open plan designed for active living
• A retreat (use as a reading area, sewing room, escape)
• A study (use as a third bedroom, office, hobby room)
• Spacious kitchen open to the courtyard for outdoor parties
• Oversized, walk-in pantry for the cook’s appliances and tools
• Direct access to the kitchen from the garage
• Laundry strategically located near the owner’s suite
• Owner’s bath features a dressing area and double closet
• Private guest suite with bath and walk-in closet
• Permanent stairs to floored attic storage (can be finished)
• Generous garage perfect for a workshop and storage
• Conversation-starting front porch with columns
• Wide door/hallways, lever handles, zero-entry
“If you liked what we did at Somerset or Garden Street, both located in Woodstock, you’ll love Heron Pond,” stated Steve Romeyn, co-owner of Windsong Properties, “It’s the culmination of every great thing we have done over the last 10 years – since Windsong’s inception.”
In addition to thoughtful floor plans like The Carson, the builder is working hard to craft Heron Pond for today’s active adult with accessible features, beautiful streetscapes and landscape design that celebrates nature. Located two miles west of Sandy Plains Road on Highway 92, the community is close to all that East Cobb, Roswell and Downtown Woodstock have to offer.
While Heron Pond is under construction and unsafe for visitors, you are invited to tour the models at Windsong Manor in Dallas and Bel-Aire in Powder Springs. These interior finishes are representative of what you can expect at Heron Pond. To be added to Windsong’s bi-weekly Heron Pond VIP Digital Newsletter, visit www.WindsongLife.com and subscribe. You will be the first to learn details of this new Woodstock community!