When you’re searching for a new home in Augusta, it’s common to focus on the main living areas of the home, such as the living room, kitchen and master bedroom. But once you’ve selected a new home and moved in, you may notice a few odd nooks and crannies that you didn’t notice before. It can be difficult to figure out what to do with small spaces, but with a little imagination, you can make them useful, functional areas of your home. Here are a few suggestions from Keystone Homes:
- If your home doesn’t have a coat closet near the front door, you can still create a useful storage space. Simply add some hooks to the wall space right next to your front door, and you will have the beginnings of a makeshift mudroom. You can also add a shelf above the hooks or a bench underneath them to make the space even more functional.
- A nook in your hallway can be transformed by adding a collage of framed photographs, a vinyl monogram and mirrors. This area can provide you a space to show off the important moments in your family’s life. Another alternative to framed photographs is to have your pictures printed on canvas, which will provide your nook with a gallery feel.
- Dormers can be a challenging place to decorate, but you can make the space more attractive by adding bold color, cute curtains and a window seat that doubles as storage.
- Another area that is usually deemed “wasted space” is open space underneath a staircase. However, pet owners can make this space extremely functional by using it as a dog kennel. Include a comfortable dog bed and a few toys, and your family pet will have place to call his own.
- An unused corner or wall space behind a door doesn’t have to be wasted space. When you need extra storage, use the area to create a few built-in bookshelves.
No matter what type of odd spaces your new home possesses, you can turn them into functional areas of your home with a little bit of creative thinking!
If you’re looking for a new home near Augusta, be sure to contact Keystone Homes. With multiple communities and home sites available throughout the area, they are sure to have a floor plan and location to meet the needs of every family. For more information, visit www.BuildKeystone.com.