McDonough: Just Like in the Movies
The city of McDonough, located in Henry County, is a wonderful blend of American history and modernism. Whether you desire an outdoor lifestyle or shopping until you drop, McDonough offers the perfect mixture of both. With easy access to I-75 and only 20 miles from Atlanta, residents enjoy the closeness of the city, while residing in the suburbs. Families and movie buffs alike can enjoy several opportunities for fun and discover why McDonough has been the picture-perfect setting for several films, such as Tyler Perry’s upcoming film A Madea Christmas and the new television show Resurrection.
Located only 30 minutes south of Atlanta and Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, Zillow has approximately 562 homes listed for sale ranging from $55,000 to $1.2 million. According to Trulia, homes for rent start at $575 and reach to $2,499 per month.
Children residing in McDonough attend the well-reviewed schools of Rock Spring Elementary, Flippen Elementary, Union Grove Middle and Union Grove High. McDonough also has great private school options.
Explore all of the great shopping, dining and activities that make McDonough an ideal place to call home.
Shopping and Dining
- Gritz Family Restaurant. Enjoy some delicious Southern comfort food in an environment that will make you feel like you’re family. The restaurant is open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and is a favorite among locals and visitors.
- Henry Town Center. With approximately 700,000 square feet, you’ll have no trouble shopping until you drop at this multi-tenant shopping center. Some retailers include Belk, Home Depot, Marshalls, BJ Wholesale Club and more!
- Yuki Japanese Restaurant. Take your taste buds on an overseas trip with the tastes of traditional and modern Japan. Enjoy a wonderful hibachi show or try some of Yuki’s special sushi rolls.
- Peachtree Peddlers. Explore the largest indoor flea market that has 85,000 square feet of exciting deals, and discover hidden treasures within the antique mall.
- Graffiti’s Pizza and Italian Cafe. Sit back on a Wednesday night with a penny beer and some delicious pizza from Graffiti’s. The light, playful atmosphere makes the pizza and classic Italian dishes a favorite among locals.
Entertainment and Recreation
- Fun Galaxy. Roller skating, bouncing, skateboarding and playing arcade games are just a few of the things Fun Galaxy has to offer everyone in your family. The venue is ideal for parties and is the perfect place for fun.
- Avalon Park. Two playgrounds, four lighted football fields and a roller hockey rink make up the 20 acre Avalon Park. Enjoy a warm day spending time with family and being active!
- Southern Belle Farm. Whether you’re getting lost in a cornfield maze in the fall or picking delicious berries in the spring, the 200-acre Southern Belle Farm is perfect for making fun memories.
- Sandy Ridge BMX. Discover the Sandy Ridge BMX premiere racing facility sanctioned by the new USABMX association. Visitors are invited to come and ride on the track, which features a 50 foot starting hill with three paved high-banked turns connected by 800 feet of jumps, whoops, rollers and step-ups. A helmet is required, and visitors can use the track any time except during a race.
- Alexander Park. Located on Hwy. 42, Alexander Park has four lighted softball fields, a 0.3 mile paved walking/jogging track, one picnic pavilion, an amphitheater, a playground area and more than 12.5 acres.
- Heritage Park. Go back in time and make an appointment to tour the historic one room school house, log cabin, detached cookhouse, blacksmith shop, library and 1934 steam engine locomotive in Heritage Park.
- Historical Veterans Museum. Discover the must-see collection of original uniforms and military paraphernalia at the Historical Veterans Museum in Heritage Park. Compare military vehicles from World War I to what is used today while on a tour with a veteran. Before leaving, make sure to stop by the POW/MIA Monument to reflect by the Veterans Wall of Honor
Visit McDonough today to experience its wonderful suburban atmosphere and close-knit community. For more information about the city, visit www.TourMcDonough.com . For more information on the real estate opportunities in Henry County, click here.