Being a homeowner comes with many responsibilities and during the spring storm season, knowing how to protect your home and your family becomes a primary concern. As we’ve already seen this year, nasty weather can arrive quickly and do major damage to your home and property. While it’s easy to feel helpless in the face of a violent storm, these tips from Keystone Homes can help you be prepared for dangerous weather:
- Check your gutters and be sure to keep them clean. Make sure downspouts are angled away from your home.
- If a bad storm is approaching, move your patio furniture inside or secure it in place.
- Keep the trees and bushes on your property trimmed to help prevent branches from breaking off during high winds.
- Have a first-aid kit, flashlight and list of emergency numbers available.
- Be sure to have a battery-operated weather radio on hand to receive updates in case of a power outage.
- Know how to turn off your home’s water, electricity and gas in case of an emergency.
- Prepare a weather plan with your family. Make sure every member of your family knows the safest place to go in your home during a strong storm or tornado.
Taking these precautions now can ensure that you and your home are prepared when the next spring storm arrives.
If you are searching for a new home in the Augusta area, be sure to visit Keystone Homes. With multiple communities to choose from, home buyers are guaranteed to find a floor plan, location and price point that matches their specific needs. For more information on Keystone Homes, visit www.BuildKeystone.com.