Johns Creek: A City of Evolution
Sitting just northeast of Atlanta is the city of Johns Creek in Fulton County. Once there, you will walk on the same land as the rival Cherokee and Creek Indians. From a “sacred place” of peace between tribes in the 19th century to mixed use community in the 20th to incorporated city in the 21st, Johns Creek is constantly evolving.
Today, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, the city has a population of 79,192. Among this population, many own their homes. In fact, most residents live in their homes for five or more years. To join them, just check the listings on Trulia.
The online residential real estate site shows 167 homes for sale, ranging in price from $139,900 to over $5 million. If wanting to rent instead, Trulia has 22 rentals listed. These range in price from $835 to $2,700 per month.
The Atlanta Journal Constitution’s Homefinder shows that this white collar community is home to 21,928 people that are between the ages of 35 and 54. Most have children and value education, with 63.2% of the adult population having earned college degrees.
Part of the Fulton County School System, one of the oldest and largest school districts in Georgia, students residing in Johns Creek attend these top schools:
High Schools: Centennial, Chattahoochee, Johns Creek, Northview
Middle Schools: Autrey Mill, Haynes Bridge, River Trail, Taylor Road
Elementary Schools: Abbotts Hill, Barnwell, Dolvin, Findley Oaks, Hillside, Medlock Bridge, Northwood, Ocee, Shakerag, State Bridge Crossing, Wilson Creek
Whether you are new in town, a long-time resident or just spending the day in this wonderful city, be sure to check out these attractions.
Shopping and Dining
- Pampas Steakhouse. An Argentinean steakhouse located on State Bridge Road in Johns Creek, this spacious restaurant offers an extensive wine list and fantastic dinner packages. Menu items include Argentinean sausage, shrimp scampi, Peruvian Ceviche, Angus beef steak, lobster, Chilean sea bass, flan cheesecake, apple empanadas and crepes.
- North Point Mall. Committed to providing an enjoyable shopping experience for all guests, North Point Mall has a wide array of stores and dining. The directory includes Ann Taylor, Apple, Brookstone, Cathy Jean, Pandora, Coach, J. Crew, The Cheesecake Factory and California Pizza Kitchen.
- Palomilla’s Cuban Grill House. The restaurant is as traditionally Cuban as you can get! Palomilla’s serves breaded ham paste, fried yuca, chicken milanesa, paella, grilled fish, custard with coconut and mango pie.
- Atlanta Athletic Club. Located on Bobby Jones Drive in Johns Creek, the Atlanta Athletic Club features outstanding golf, fitness, tennis, aquatic and social amenities. Nationally and internationally know, the Atlanta Athletic Club is home to two championship 18-hole golf courses. In fact, the great golfer, Bobby Jones, grew up playing at the Atlanta Athletic Club’s East Lake Country Club.
- Newtown Dream Dog Park. Inside Newtown Park near the front entrance, Newtown Dream Dog Park is a one-acre fenced area that features artificial turf, sprinklers for dogs to play in, obstacles to play on and water fountains. Separate areas are available for small and large dogs.
- Dancing Goat Theatre. Home of the Performing Arts North, a non-profit educational theatre company, Dancing Goat Theatre features plays, performances, events and more. For a list of upcoming shows, call 770-762-0762.
- Johns Creek Arts Center. A non-profit organization serving the arts community, the center is home to classes, workshops, events, shows and galleries. Located on Abbotts Bridge Road, the center is a can’t miss destination.
- Autrey Mill Nature Preserve & Heritage Center. Visitors can explore historic farmstead buildings and exhibit pieces from the late 1800s. These items were collected from various locations in north Fulton, Gwinnett and Forsyth Counties. The center also has two plus miles of walking trails that pass the Chattahoochee River. Feel free to bring a picnic basket and enjoy hours at this beautiful setting.
- Technology Park at Johns Creek. Since opening in 1985, this mixed-use property offers space for offices, retailers, medical facilities and business distribution. 800 acres are devoted to these growing businesses. Tenants appreciate its quality construction, meticulous landscaping and careful planning.
For more information on Johns Creek new homes for sale, be sure to explore our site.Contact Us