Celebrating its 107th year anniversary, Holly Springs is located in Cherokee County. From agricultural trading center to booming Atlanta real estate town, Holly Springs will win over your heart.
Holly Springs’ history revolves around the construction of the L and N Railroad in 1879. After being incorporated in 1906, Holly Springs progressed into agriculture. Farming was an important activity in the city as late as the 1980s.
In fact, the historical buildings and landscapes in the area portray this movement and include old homes, a park, outbuildings, churches, commercial buildings and a former schoolhouse. Many of the architectural styles represented in the city are elements of Folk Victorian, Craftsman and Colonial Revival.
Now, with almost 10,000 residents, Holly Springs is growing each year. The city attracts couples and families looking for the perfect place to call home. Trulia lists 30 homes for sale with a price range from the mid $100,000s to $400,000s.
Aside from being located in an excellent school district and an affluent area, the homes in Holly Springs are also conveniently located to nearby shops, restaurants and recreation.
Shopping and Dining
• The Ivy Garden Gift Boutique & Salons. Located in a historic home in downtown Holly Springs, this boutique offer unique gifts and spa services such as messages, a hair salon and a nail salon.
• 7 Tequilas Mexican Restaurant. With a welcoming ambience, sizzling fajitas and tons of other authentic Mexican dishes, your whole family will want to visit again. Menu items include queso, bean dip, nachos, quesadillas, burritos, enchiladas and more.
• Pizza Capri. With dine-in, takeout and delivery, Pizza Capri will be able to satisfy your pizza craving. Join in the fun throughout the week with bar bingo, poker and trivia nights.
• Frosty Frog Creamery & Café. Home of over 250 ice cream flavors, Frosty Frog Creamery & Café also offers gourmet coffees, specialty drinks, frozen desserts and award-winning food. The café menu includes delicious sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups, cheesesteaks and more.
Entertainment and Recreation
• Barrett Memorial Park. As Holly Springs’ first major recreational area, this park features a playground and a walking trail. The trail leads visitors through a scenic natural area.
• Autumn Fest. Celebrate the fall on Saturday, October 6 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the whole community. Holly Springs will be showcasing local crafters, businesses and restaurants. Plus, there will be children’s activities and food. Click here for more information.
• Bradshaw Farms Golf Club. This course has been open since 1995 and has Bermuda grass fairways and bent grass greens. This is an excellent place to start a golf game with your friends.
• Cherokee County Aquatic Center. The Aquatic Center features a 50 meter competition pool, 25 yard recreation pool, indoor classrooms and outdoor leisure pool with water playground and two water slides. Programs include swim lesions, aqua exercise classes, water safety training, birthday party packages and competitive swim team training and clinics.
• Holly Springs Train Depot. Located in the heart of the city, the depot was built in 1900 and restored in the late 1990’s. Today, the depot serves as the Holly Springs Community Center. The center can be rented for events, meetings, weddings and receptions. For more details, call 770-345-5536.
Fall in love with Holly Springs today. It is the perfect place to raise a family and to start the beginning of a beautiful life. For more information on available Cherokee County homes in the area, click here.