On Wednesday, Jan. 15, the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association (GAHBA) installed its 2014 Board of Directors. The evening began with a cocktail reception and presentation recognizing the association’s 2013 award winners. Then, the 2014 Board of Directors took their oath of office, which was administered by Lt. Governor Casey Cagle.
Jim Brown of JWB Properties, LLC was installed as the 2014 GAHBA president. Brown has more than three decades of experience in the home building and remodeling industry, and he is the owner and President of JWB Properties, which is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga. He has served on many committees and in many leadership positions on both the local and state levels in the home building industry.
Additional GAHBA senior officers that were installed at the ceremony include:
- Vice President – Rob Myers, Colonnade Enterprises, Inc.
- Treasurer – Steve Palmer, Home South Communities
- Secretary – John Cooper, Cooper Homes
- Parliamentarian – Michael Turner, The Home Service Store
- Builder at Large – John Beach, Paces Construction Co., LLC
- Builder at Large – Charlie Bostwick, Brightwater Homes
- Builder at Large – Steve Goodsell, S.A. Goodsell Development
- Builder at Large – Brian Canady, BBC Builders, Inc.
- Associate Vice President – Ro Preisinger, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Georgia Properties
- Associate at Large – Jeff Pogue, ProBuild
The Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association is a 900-member, not-for-profit trade association affiliated with the Home Builders Association of Georgia and the National Association of Home Builders. The GAHBA is the sixth largest local home builders association in the nation and it is dedicated to promoting, protecting and preserving home ownership by maintaining the housing industry as a viable economic force in the Atlanta area.
For more information on the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association, visit www.AtlantaHomeBuilders.com.