Fresh from Foursquare is an amazing compilation of the ‘Best of Atlanta’ that maps out the most popular restaurants, bars, museums, etc. in Georgia’s capital city. Whether you’re a peach, transplant or just thinking about moving into an Atlanta new home, let this list be your guide to the city’s favorite places!
Foursquare compiled the Best of Atlanta list, along with lists for 29 other U.S. cities, using data from billions of check-ins and millions of tips posted using their location-based social network. This information was broken down and put into lists in order to show where people actually go in their favorite cities, instead of where they should go. Each list was then broken into categories such as food and night life, and then into subcategories. Check out some of the top spots your fellow Atlantan’s are going to below and perhaps you’ll find a fun new place to try out this weekend!
Best Things to Do:
- Entertainment – Georgia Aquarium
- Musuems – High Museum of Art
- Performing Arts – The Fox Theatre
- Great Outdoors – Piedmont Park – Dog Park
Best of Food:
- Southern – Empire State South
- American – Top Flr
- Mexican – Hankook Taqueria
- Pizza – Jack’s Pizza & Wings
- Seafood – Six Feet Under Pub & Fish House
- Asian – Miso Izakaya
- Coffee – Octane Coffee
Best of Nightlife:
- Bars – Ormsby’s
- Beer – Cypress Street Pint & Plate
- Music Venues – The Earl
- Pubs – Cypress Street Pint & Plate
- Nightclubs – Tongue & Groove
- Cocktails – The Sound Table
Take a look at the full Best of Atlanta list to see all of the popular area hangouts to try with your friends and family. Use it to find your new hangouts and ‘check-in’ to the Atlanta locals’ scene!