Fortress Builders Donates to KSU’s Library Expansion
Archive Page - Links and Images have been removed.
Fortress Builders, a metro Atlanta new home builder, helped aid in the renovation efforts at the Horace W. Sturgis Library at Kennesaw State University. To promote the groundbreaking, bricks donated by Fortress were used as part of the University’s “Books Are Our Bricks” contest, which challenged students to paint bricks as their favorite book. Winners of the contest were announced during the groundbreaking, which was held Oct. 9.
The groundbreaking, which took place during the Founders Week celebration of the University’s 50th anniversary, started a $4.4 million expansion and renovation of the Horace W. Sturgis Library. The improvements will provide the building with a makeover that includes additional space that will help to enhance student learning, engagement and academic success. The project will encompass design and construction upgrades to expand the facility by 1,600 feet, as well as providing a new front entrance. The new expansion is expected to open in the spring of 2015.
In close proximity to the KSU campus, Fortress Builders has eight distinct communities in Cobb and Cherokee Counties. Fortress has a home that will fit every lifestyle including townhomes for singles, maintenance-free condos for active adults and amenity-filled communities in great schoold districts for young families.
- Barnes Mill, located in Smyrna along the Silver Comet Trail, features ranch condominiums that are priced from the $200,000s with swim, tennis, gym and clubhouse amenities.
- Bruster Manor is a new West Cobb community with traditional homes on three-quarters of an acre home sites that are priced from the low $200,000s.
- Harmony on the Lakes is an outstanding master-planned community in Holly Springs. Priced from the $200,000s, Fortress is building new Garden Row homes with alley garages that feature unique streetscapes and first-class amenities that include a 38-acre private lake, walking trails, garden amphitheater, swimming pools and tennis courts.
- Concord Village is an active adult community that is located in Mableton along the Silver Comet Trail. The community features ranch villas priced from the $170,000s and a multitude of amenities.
- Cobblestone Ridge, an active adult community with a great Marietta location on Barrett Parkway at Dallas Highway, features homes from the low $200,000s.
- Church Hill is a new home community located in West Cobb with great schools, homes priced from the $350,000s and a convenient location near Acworth’s new retail district and charming downtown restaurants.
- Cyrus Creek is a new townhome community located in between Kennesaw and Acworth. With townhomes priced from the $120,000s, the community offers low-maintenance living, great amenities, and a short commute to Kennesaw State University.
- Brookstone Manor, located in Brookstone Country Club in West Cobb, will begin construction this month. This community will be another maintenance-free community of active adult homes in Cobb County from Fortress Builders that features golf, pool and clubhouse amenities.
For more information on the metro Atlanta new home communities from Fortress Builders, visit www.BuiltbyFortress.com.