Father’s Day Ideas are Brewing: Enjoy a Tour of Atlanta’s Best Breweries
Not sure what to get dad for Father’s Day this year? SEREI is here to help! Why not treat your dad to a few beer tasting tours? Atlanta is home to some of the south’s best and most popular breweries, offering tours, tastings, live music and a uniquely unforgettable experience!
Enjoy a day with dad by relaxing and catching up over your favorite beer at one of these fantastic locations:
- SweetWater Brewing Co.: As the largest and perhaps the most well-known Atlanta brewery, SweetWater is a popular choice for its laid back feel and wide variety, with brews that range from bold to light. June 11 is Cask Wednesday and will feature “One Sweet RYE’d,” but customers can expect their year round favorites like Georgia Brown and SweetWater 420 to be on hand. Tours will be open to the public Wednesdays through Fridays from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and on weekends from 2:30 to 4:30. Visitors are encouraged to arrive early and carpool when possible, as parking is limited and the brewery gets busy quickly.
- Red Brick Brewing Company holds the title as the oldest operating craft brewery in Georgia, and was founded in 1993 by former Guinness executive Greg Kelly. Known for its Red Brick Ale, fans of the brewery also love the dynamic flavors and cleverly named Hoplanta IPA and A-Town Brown brews. Red Brick hosts trivia on Thursdays, live music bands on Fridays, and offers tours and tastings on Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Monday Night Brewing is located off of Trabert Avenue and offers an incredibly cool vibe in addition to its flavorful selection of ales. Beer here easily complements dinner and is crafted to be enjoyed any night of the week, hence its trademark slogan “Weekends are Overrated.” Visitors at the brewery are sure to get a kick out of the wall made entirely of ties, and will quickly settle in to enjoy a good night of fun and beer. Tours are offered on Mondays and Thursdays from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., and Saturdays from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Blue Tarp: Located in Decatur, this Atlanta brewery is currently offering four brews—Last Place Stout, Funk Weisse, Hopsided IPA and BatamWeight Ale. Blue Tarp is open for tours and tastings on Fridays from 5:30 to 8 p.m. with a guided tour at 6:15 p.m. and Saturdays from 3:30 to 7 p.m. with guided tours at 4:30 and 6:15 p.m. Make sure to purchase a souvenir pint glass for just $10 and you will receive five complimentary tastings.
- Orpheus: This hot new “hops-spot” just opened earlier this spring and features views overlooking Piedmont Park. Tours and tastings are available Thursday and Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m.
SEREI offers a variety of listings for land, business and homes in the metro Atlanta area, just minutes from these fantastic local breweries. For information on available properties, visit our frequently visit the SEREI website today.