Exterior Lighting Tips for Your New Augusta Home
With summer in full swing, we know homeowners all over town are spending extra time outdoors during the long, warm days and the cooler evenings. If you love to entertain on your back deck or have a family dinner on your patio, it’s important to have good lighting. There are numerous ways to brighten up your outdoor space that are functional and attractive. Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Stainless – When you’re looking for overhead lighting that is practical and polished, you can’t go wrong with a stainless steel pendant. These fixtures blend with almost all of the outdoor furniture on the market and they provide an industrial-chic look.
- Indoor/Outdoor – Thrift shops are a great resource when you’re looking for unique pieces for your home. A metal fixture with a large glass globe would look great on your patio during the summertime, and is easy to store indoors during the winter to protect it from the elements.
- Pathways – Make sure you light the pathway to the outdoor living space of your new Augusta home. Solar lights, found at most home improvement stores, are a quick and easy solution. Or, you can go for a more sophisticated look by adding of strand of white lights to glass globes.
- Refurbish and Repurpose – If you have a pergola or other freestanding structure with no electricity, hang an old chandelier and replace the lights with battery-powered candles. You can also put pillar candles into Mason jars and mix in plants or rocks, then arrange them on a pot rack suspended over a patio table.
- Create a Softer Vibe – It’s easy for your outdoor space to appear masculine due to the frequent use of steel furniture, brick, concrete and stone. Bring a more feminine, chic vibe to the space by adding a shell chandelier.
- Twinkle, Twinkle – Holiday lights don’t have to be used just once a year. String up strands of white bulbs across your patio, wrap them around a tree or use them to highlight a favorite plant.
- DIY – For something truly original, make your own lamp shades by cutting out the bottoms of candle holders and fitting them around basic pendant lights.
If you are considering purchasing a new home in Augusta, Keystone Homes strives to make your decision-making as stress-free and enjoyable as possible. Our mission is to make homeownership available to more and more families, so we build homes that are both attractive and affordable. Visit our website to learn why we build more home for less.