Eight Metro Atlanta Cities Included on Georgia’s Best Places to Live List
If you are searching for a new home in metro Atlanta, but aren’t sure what area you like best, then you will want to check out the list recently compiled by Movoto.com of Georgia’s best places to live. Eight out of the 11 cities included on Movoto’s list are located in metro Atlanta, highlighting the area’s desirableness for home buyers. The rankings were determined based on each city’s available amenities, unemployment rate, crime statistics, quality of life, commute time and the weather.
To determine the rankings, Movoto listed the 81 cities in the state that had a population of 10,000 or more. Then, the blog examined the relevant statistics from the U.S. Census Bureau and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as well as local business listings.
The eight metro Atlanta cities that were included on Movoto.com’s list of best places to live in Georgia are:
1. Canton: The city of Canton was named the best place to live in the state thanks to the charm of its historic downtown, plus its lack of crime and low unemployment rate.
2. Peachtree City: Home to one of the highest median incomes in the state, the city is also one of the safest places in Georgia.
4. Alpharetta: This highly-affluent city has a median household of more than $90,000 and affords its residents an excellent overall quality of life.
6. Fayetteville: Thanks to the area’s low sales tax and low unemployment rate, it is home to one of the best quality of life scores in the entire state.
7. Duluth: Duluth was awarded the No. 7 spot on the list due to its low crime and unemployment rates.
8. Woodstock: This northwest Georgia town was ranked highly because of its excellent quality of life and the historic downtown area that is filled with amenities.
9. Norcross: Known as a “place to imagine,” Norcross offers a great overall quality of life and a low unemployment rate.
10. Kennesaw: This city in Cobb County was included in the list due in part to having one of the lowest crime rates in the state, as well as the abundance of activities available to residents.
For more information on new home opportunities in metro Atlanta, click here.