Décor Designed for Dad
This weekend, we dedicate a day to dad and celebrate the influential men who have shaped our lives in a critical way. No two dads are the same, which is why each has a unique style and persona all his own.
- The intellect – You’ll find this dad settled in his study with the Sunday issue of The Wall Street Journal and a cup of coffee. Accent his sophisticated taste with a leather chair, a mahogany desk and built-in bookshelves to provide easy storage for his favorite novels.
- The traditionalist – Rustic décor created through barn doors, coffered ceilings, cozy fireplaces and oversized sectionals are ideal for dads with a traditional style. Accent pieces can be covered in menswear-inspired patterns, such as plaid, houndstooth and stripes to add a fun, yet laidback, look to this living area.
- The entertainer – For the dad who is in his element while hosting parties with friends and extended family, it’s necessary that his space entertains with ease and it may include an attached deck with a grill and an oversized island for communal cooking. Pair exposed brick walls with black framed family photos to keep décor masculine, simple and sleek.
- The gamer – For this dad, there’s no place he’d rather be than enjoying the comfort of his own home with a state-of-the-art entertainment system, movie theater and game room complete with a billiards table and dart board . Built-in bookshelves create natural displays for sports memorabilia, team posters and tee ball trophies.
- The adventurer –A decked-out backyard is the perfect respite for this nature loving dad. An outdoor fire pit, brick oven and comfortable seating surrounded by lush landscaping settles dad into his favorite environment, but be sure to leave plenty of green space for him and man’s best friend to enjoy the best of the great outdoors. A keeping room or mudroom is a practical addition for this adventurous dad.
Give these tips a try, and then find more home inspiration by visiting the “Dens for Dads” board on Edward Andrews Homes Pinterest page. Happy Father’s Day!Contact Us