If you are searching for your new Augusta dream home, it can be intimidating knowing that your home is one of the biggest investments you will make. It is important to keep that in mind and remember that not only should you pick a home that fits your family, you should also pick one that offers a variety of features that will increase its value. While you are shopping for your new home, here is a list of features to look for:
- Modern bathrooms: Make sure that the bathrooms in the homes you are considering have plenty of space, especially the master bath. His-and-hers vanities, as well as whirlpool or spa tubs, add a lavish touch to a home.
- Updated kitchen: While it may sound counter-intuitive to consider selling your home while you’re in the market to purchase a home, it is important to know your home will hold its value if you are in a situation where you need to sell. A high quality kitchen can be your best asset, especially if it has generous workspaces, new appliances and luxurious finishes.
- Master suite: Next to the kitchen, the master bedroom holds the most value for today’s home buyers. Walk-in closets, sitting areas and large, adjoining bathrooms are undeniable perks in a new home that will benefit you both while you own the home and when you’re trying to sell.
- Light, open and spacious: Homes that offer open floor plans and plenty of natural light from an abundance of windows are a good investment.
- Ample storage: Pay close attention to the amount of storage space in the homes you’re considering purchasing, because storage space is always important. Whether it be an attic, garage, basement or additional closets, make sure that there is enough storage to accommodate all of the odds and ends a family accumulates over the year.
- Natural materials: Homes that feature the natural look of wood and granite, even if it’s simulated, often sell better than those with man-made materials. Make sure kitchens and bathrooms feature materials such as ceramic tile or wood as opposed to linoleum, which can tear.
The best way to ensure that your home will meet all of these high standards is to look for a newly built home. At Keystone Homes, we are a family-owned builder that builds quality new homes that feature a variety of home designs and prices. Visit our website at www.BuildKeystone.com to begin your new Augusta home search today.